Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Diane Maginot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diane-maginot.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

Post by Diane Maginot »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Legacy of Job's Wife" by Cynthia Koelker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Legacy of Job's Wife: a story of love and forgivenessis written by Cynthia Koelker. It is a historical Christian fiction book based on the book of Job. The main characters are Job and his wife, Ix'ises. Ix'ises narrates the book as she looks back at her life. Job and Ix'ises were neighbors. Throughout their whole childhood, they were friends. As they grew older, their friendship turned into love. Job moved to the city of Uz. He became a wealthy, prosperous man with a lot of faith. When he returned home, he married Ix'ises. They were blessed with many children. In one day, they lost everything. All of their children died, along with most of their employees and livestock. Then Job's health deteriorated to the point of death. During this ordeal, Job praised God while everyone else around him told him to curse God. Job kept his faith, but Ix'ises lost hers for a long time.

There were many things that I liked about the book. One thing is is that I liked both the storyline and the story plot. The second thing I liked about the book is that her idea for this book is unique. Many books do not have originality to them. This book has the originality to it. The third thing I liked was how she developed the characters. I empathized and felt connected with all the characters in the book. The fourth thing I liked is that it is exceptionally well-edited.

Although I enjoyed this book, there were a couple of things I found negative about it. When I first started reading the book, I was disappointed that it was written as a memory from the first-person point of view. This caused me to be bored with the first half of the book. It wasn't until the second half of the book that I could get into the book. If the book were in the third person point of view, I would have immersed myself into the book faster. The second thing I found negative in the book is that I became confused while reading the book a couple of times and had to go back because the sentences were wordy.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I gave it a rating of 4 because I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would read it again.

I recommend this book to anyone, but I especially recommend it to Christians to read because it is based on a book from the bible.

The Legacy of Job's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”