Review of Conversing with Various Entities

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Review of Conversing with Various Entities

Post by zainherb »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Conversing with Various Entities" by Mary Ellen Wall.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Humans have always been aware of existing entities, which we cannot perceive using our physical senses. In the past, different cultures found different ways to contact and receive messages from these entities. People sought answers to seemingly unanswerable questions from Oracles and Shamans. In modern times, some consult psychics for the same purposes, while some claim to hear odd voices in their heads. However, there are several other methods people employ to converse with unseen entities and get answers to their questions. Conversing With Various Entities is a book by Mary Ellen Wall which tells us about several of such methods. Wall tells us of different tools for communication such as the Y-Rod, the Angle Rod and the Ouija Board, among others. She also tells us about the different entities she has conversed with like angels, how to be safe from demons, and the kinds of questions to ask.

I found the book cover attractive. The pictures in the book made the teachings less theoretical and easy to grasp. The pictures also added to the aesthetic appearance of the book and made it more interesting. I liked that the author explained the practices in such detail that even a novice like me could understand them well. She even taught us an easy way to make an Ouija Board at home. My favourite thing about this book is the fact that the author added personal anecdotes. These stories helped me understand better and made the book more interesting to me.

While I enjoyed reading this book, I am still quite sceptical about issues like this. I am sure there must be a rational explanation for whatever happens when people claim to communicate with some unseen entities. The author seems to believe in this practice and it clearly works for her, but reading this book has not made me a believer at all.

Even though this book is short, it is full of grammatical and typographical errors that made reading difficult for me. I had to read many sentences several times just to understand what the author was trying to say. This seriously affected my enjoyment of the book negatively.

After much consideration, I have decided to give this book three out of four stars. I cannot give it a full rating because of the many errors. Yet, I cannot rate it less because the book is clear, interesting and explanatory.

Individuals who believe they can communicate with unseen entities, and curious readers who would like to learn how to communicate with unseen entities, will probably enjoy reading this book. Those who enjoy reading nonfiction books and like learning new things will also enjoy this book, especially if they know little about this practice. Those who are put off by superstitious practices or beliefs will most likely not enjoy reading this book. However, before anyone reads it, the publisher should have it edited properly.

Conversing with Various Entities
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Ethan Howe
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ethan-howe.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by Ethan Howe »

I think that based on my beliefs, the concepts shared in this book may not turn out to be fascinating to me. I enjoyed reading your review. It is a thorough review and I thank you very much for it.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I'm skeptical too :D Not my cup of tea, but I loved your insightful review very much!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

It's very true that some people have special abilities to communicate with unseen and unknown entities, I just wasn't aware of the numerous communication mediums. Interesting!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

It's very true that some people have special abilities to communicate with unseen and unknown entities, I just wasn't aware of the numerous communication mediums. Interesting!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I think this book sounds interesting and not as potentially scary as some movies make these things seem. It's too bad that there are so many typos!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

Some of the information portrayed in the book I think is relatable to Africa and Africans. It's a pity of such short length possessed many errors. Thanks for the review!
Neshboy Aburi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neshboy-aburi.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks

Post by Neshboy Aburi »

I also would not agree with the author for the rationale of what happens when people claim to speak with spirits, but I think this author has written a good book. Thanks for your review.
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

This book is very interesting. Anyone trying to contact the other side will enjoy this book. Great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”