Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Arunima Halder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arunima-halder.html
Latest Review: Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook by Fred Sievert

Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

Post by Arunima Halder »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook" by Fred Sievert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fast-Starting a Career of Consequence Workbook by Fred Sievert is a book on development of the mind in spiritual as well as job aspects of life. This book is a workbook of the author’s book, “Fast-Starting a Career of Consequence”. Here he explains the chapters of his book and also provides us with self-assessment questions which have blanks below them to be fulfilled. He talks about the application of the principles of the Bible in order to find out our skills, and to train ourselves to function according to the skills we possess.

The author is a very devoted person. His devotion is seen not only towards God, but also towards the development of his company. He cites and quotes examples from Bible in every chapter and tries to make the reader understand the potency of God. The author is a man who believes in the benevolent nature of God and strives to induce that opinion in us. The book begins with the author asking some rhetorical questions. He then goes on to say what propelled him to write it and how the experiences and difficulties of his daughter moved him to help others who face the same problems while they enter a new job.

I loved this book. It is straightforward, friendly, and you will feel as if the author is a kind teacher who will not rest unless you have understood the solutions to the difficulties in workspace. He repeatedly talks of being a good Christian and though I belong to a different faith, I could relate to his words about devotion and spirituality. It is an invaluable resource to guide us in the difficult phases where giving up seems to be the only option. He also gives a summary of everything said in a particular chapter and cautions us against the ill-forces always at work behind us. The book gives us a glimpse of the extensive knowledge the author has in his fields of expertise. He does not shy away from revealing the harsh truths of life. He is kind, bold and patient. I am in awe of the author.

This book is beautiful, crafty, and witty. However, I would have liked a shorter version of it. After a certain period it seemed as if the author was repeating the same things over and over again. Though the book was long for a workbook, the read was never a tedious one. It has mesmerizing words and skillful writing. Though it stresses the Christian principle in this book, this book contains no anti-secular themes that might injure the pride of other religions. That is what I liked the best about this book. Also, this book is exceptionally well edited.

I rate this book a four out of four stars. It has no profanity and no intimate scenes. It is a pure book and as it has quite serious topics, it has its own gravity. I loved this book. Every person who is entering a new job should read this book. It will elevate frustration, allow you to fit in, and show you a ray of hope.

Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
June Moon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-june-moon.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by June Moon »

Wow thank you for this wonderful review I really liked how you mentioned that it doesn't really harm the ideas of other religions even after being strictly based on Christian principles!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”