Review of Logistics. A Christmas Story

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekanem-onyinye-uduak-abasi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of Logistics. A Christmas Story

Post by Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Logistics. A Christmas Story" by Chris Coppel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Logistics: A Christmas Story by Chris Coppel, is a modern fantasy Novel. Chris was able to mix the atmosphere of a 21st century setting with fantasy as old as time. Holly Hillman, the CEO of Marshal Whiteman Logistics and estranged daughter of the famous Santa Clause was reunited with her father when an anomaly was discovered in her blood. Handling a new merger with Hong Kong-based Ling Chow Group, it was required a blood test be carried out to ensure the health status of the executives were fit for duty. The executives from the merger decided to go with Lab in Greenwich. On her second trip to Greenwich, she was approached by two people, who claimed she was the long-lost daughter of their boss. She was required to travel to the north pole and to cross over into another dimension. This discovery changed her view and perception of how she saw the world. She learned to love and open up her heart to all the goodness life had to offer.
I like the book because it gave a fantasy we can relate to. I see it as a wonderful blend of fantasy and contemporary. The complete irony that the daughter of the most cheerful man was so cold and unfeeling. The portrayal of Holly was perfect and was something you could easily relate with, having such an upbringing. I love the joyful air that was shown in the North Pole, the adorable yet hardworking nature of the elves as well as other interdimensional creatures. The author somehow managed to weave in astrophysics and relativity in the lively setting of the book. From the beginning, you could almost figure out the plot of the story, but the book somehow kept the suspense, till the secret was revealed. I love how the author did not exclude Santa Claus from finding love also, it gave the Story an emotional touch. I like that the author provided a back story on the life of Santa Claus and how he started giving gifts on the eve of Christmas.
Although the book had a great storyline and plot, the intense infusion of the science details can confuse someone, especially if the reader is not science inclined. The details made that chapter somewhat tedious to read.
I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars because the book was well edited with no errors or misspellings. The book is sure to put you in the Christmas spirit, but the author can do better in simplifying the details on astrophysics and relativity. Asides from that, the book is a great read.
I would recommend this book for fantasy lovers as well as Christmas lovers, as the book will give you Christmas cheer and make you appreciate the essence of the holiday so much more. Logistics: A Christmas Story by Chris Coppel is a must-read holiday book.

Logistics. A Christmas Story
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
KingPraise001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingpraise001.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by KingPraise001 »

The review is not bad per se. I'll prefer you space your paragraphs next time for easy read. Aside from that, I love the idea of this novel. Very interesting.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

This plot is hilarious! Yet entertaining. I hope she was able to recover from her illness and I am eager to figure it if there were elves in the north pole
Uniquekemmie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uniquekemmie.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Uniquekemmie »

I would really love to read this book, as it seems exciting and intriguing. I love the blend of contemporary business life and the historical Santa Claus and north pole fantasy. I would also love to find out the story behind Santa Claus' gifts on Christmas Eve. Great review!

KingPraise001 wrote: 07 Jan 2022, 15:41 The review is not bad per se. I'll prefer you space your paragraphs next time for easy read. Aside from that, I love the idea of this novel. Very interesting.
Thank you so much for the correction. Duly Noted

Uniquekemmie wrote: 08 Jan 2022, 14:46 I would really love to read this book, as it seems exciting and intriguing. I love the blend of contemporary business life and the historical Santa Claus and north pole fantasy. I would also love to find out the story behind Santa Claus' gifts on Christmas Eve. Great review!
I don't want to spoil the book, but you would love it
Ikeoluwa 02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ikeoluwa 02 »

Nice. I'd absolutely love to give this book a try. Your review has totally made me interested in the book
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

Wow! I love this storyline, it is amusing. I am a big fan of Christmas stories, it usually lifts my Christmas spirit and reminds me of the festive. Great review!
OEA_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oea.html

Post by OEA_ »

I totally enjoyed reading this book! Your review makes it even more appealing. Well done!
OEA_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oea.html

Post by OEA_ »

Also, I don't know if you should have mentioned she was the child of Santa Clause. It'd have been a spoiler for me if I hadn't read the book.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

It may be January already, but I am still in the mood for Christmas cheer. I would love to read about Santa and science. It should be fascinating. Thank you for such a lovely review.
Ghrey Thel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghrey-thel.html
Latest Review: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story by Mark Zullo

Post by Ghrey Thel »

I am not a fan of Christmas stories but your review definitely has me interested. I'm adding this book to my shelve right away
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

I don't fancy Christmas gaiety but your review has me thinking otherwise. I would most definitely try this book out!
Lucy2005
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy2005.html
Latest Review: Living in Color by Mike Murphy

Post by Lucy2005 »

I so much love Christmas and the aura associated with it, am considering reading this book. Great review!!!
Rita Nuncia
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-nuncia.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Rita Nuncia »

A well-detailed review. It piqued my interest, making me want to know how the author combined science, business life, and historical Santa Claus fantasy. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”