Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-limpho-mojakisane.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Limpho Mojakisane »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Most of the time in life, we are enamored with pursuing what we desire and believe is best for us, and as a result, we lose sight of what we need and what is best for us. This fact is brilliantly conveyed in S M Goodier's fantastic work. Randy the Irresistible is an entertaining novel that covers the journey of Randy Love, the youngest son of John and Marjorie Love. The story depicts the difficulties that young adults confront when they leave the safety of their homes and join the real world, where they must fend for themselves and not become a burden to the family.

Randy is a crafty and deceitful bachelor who chooses to leave his family home and start a new life of his own. He showed hints of his manipulative personality as a child and was the apple of his mother's eye. The young man had spent a few years studying for a business degree overseas and had returned home with no intention of returning to school. Here is where his exploits, as well as his freedom, began when he returned home. Randy began looking for a stable job and an apartment after deciding not to return to school. He wanted to move out of his family’s home too. In his desire to become an independent individual, he makes friends, loses friends, makes some stupid mistakes, and frequently needs to be saved out of a variety of awful circumstances that are or aren't his fault. He also has a love life to maintain in the midst of all of this, and he does a poor job of it. Do you want to discover if Randy will be able to overcome all of the challenges in his path and find a wonderful partner? Then go on to learn more about Randy Love in this fantastic story.

This book has a lot of aspects that I liked. To begin with, I like the book's depiction of how difficult it is for young adults to establish an independent existence away from home. Randy's complaints were understandable because I had been in similar circumstances to him. Furthermore, I admired how the author presented Randy's character in this novel as a manipulative individual who was occasionally uncertain of himself and always in need of advice. Finally, I appreciated the author's inclusion of a British index at the end of the book, which helped me a lot with vocabulary I did not understand.

There is not a single thing I do not like about this book. It accomplished its goal of being a fascinating read with a lot of comedy. I grant this book a four out of four stars rating because I enjoyed reading it and saw no grammatical faults, leading me to assume it had been well-edited.

I suggest this book to any young people who are considering becoming self-reliant from their families, as well as teens who are about to move out of the house, either to school or another location away from family, to start a new life.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Randy sounds like a lot of young people that I know today. I’m sure it was the same when I was young, but I didn’t see it. Everyone feels able to tackle everything on their own.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP

Amy Luman wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 08:24 Randy sounds like a lot of young people that I know today. I’m sure it was the same when I was young, but I didn’t see it. Everyone feels able to tackle everything on their own.
You can say that again. A lot of youngsters believe they can make it out there in the real world only to find out that things are not as simple as they seem.
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

Interesting review about Randy Love. I guess everything that Randy is going through is what most young adults go through. "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.
Laura P 2
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-p-2.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Laura P 2 »

In my case, I did not enjoy this book at all. Randy seemed an irresponsible, selfish man who does not care about anyone but himself. And most of these 'struggles in real life' were caused by his own unjustifiable actions. But hey, taste does not have friends.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP

Tebogo Eugene M wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 05:39 Interesting review about Randy Love. I guess everything that Randy is going through is what most young adults go through. "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.
Thank you!!! And, I share the same sentiments with you.
Limpho Mojakisane
In It Together VIP

Laura P 2 wrote: 23 Jan 2022, 13:31 In my case, I did not enjoy this book at all. Randy seemed an irresponsible, selfish man who does not care about anyone but himself. And most of these 'struggles in real life' were caused by his own unjustifiable actions. But hey, taste does not have friends.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy the novel and, as you've said, people's tastes differ. However, I have been in quite a number of similar situations as him, so I could easily resonate with Randy, and that made me enjoy reading this book more.
Samuellitunya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuellitunya.html
Latest Review: Seeking... Finding... Healing... by Becky Lu Jackson

Post by Samuellitunya »

Randy exhibited poor decision-making skills and he paid the price. Manipulation is his best tool for survival. Good job

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”