Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Review of Man Mission

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is an adventurous story of Charlie Brown and his friends. After graduating from law school, Charlie and his friends decide to start a mission they have always imagined when they were boys. With what seemed like an act of impulse, the first Man Mission started with Charlie and Sam going hiking in New Zealand. After the first two trips, they were joined by Daniel. Daniel who is a more logical person becomes an important part of the mission. The three friends were later joined by their other friend, Alec. Alec had decided to join after the men had embarked on a few adventurous trips. These missions were not only difficult but also dangerous. The men were faced with many scary challenges.

After every mission, they are faced with work and family work challenges. Can they face these challenges like they do with challenges when on the mission? Things take an even uglier turn for Charlie. He is faced with many challenges, including loss. While picking up the pieces of his life, Charlie wonders if there has been a shift of fate between him and one of his friends.

This story did not only entertain me but exposed me to a lot. Each country they traveled to gave me an insight into activities in the country. The bravery of the men is also commendable. Despite the challenges faced, they kept on with their mission. This bravery was seen the most in Sam. He was fearless and didn’t mind continuing a mission alone.

The author makes use of humor to create some kind of comic relief in the story. The trips had a lot of funny moments. Charlie was the object of ridicule on many occasions. Like when he went kayaking in Australia and capsized in less than 10 seconds. I also liked that the author showed empathy for animals through the character of Charlie.

There isn’t so much to not like about this book. The only issue I had was trying to figure out the name of the narrator. I read a lot of pages before a name which I suppose is his name was mentioned. Even after I had seen the name, I wanted a confirmation that it was his name. I did not get to see a second mention to confirm the name.

Not having his name mentioned twice is not a reason to reduce a star for a book I enjoyed. I also did not find enough errors in the book to interrupt my reading. My rating for this book is 4 out of 4 stars.

If you love adventurous books, love books about traveling, love books about friendship, then this book will thrill you. Everyone will enjoy reading this book, as it is entertaining and insightful.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

Love me some adventurous stories, I will add this to my shelf, great review.
Giftiee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giftiee.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Giftiee »

Would definitely love to read this. Amazing review!
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I also read this book and enjoyed it. I missed even the one mention of the narrator's name, so I made one up for him. :)
Thank you for your take on this read.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I listened to this book, but I think I might have enjoyed it more if I had actually read it. I'm glad you enjoyed the humor.
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

Seems like a great collection of adventures. Would like to read this! Thanks for the review!
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Fine Brand wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 00:24 Love me some adventurous stories, I will add this to my shelf, great review.
I’m sure you’ll like it. Thanks for stopping by.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Giftiee wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 13:27 Would definitely love to read this. Amazing review!
I bet you would. You should read it.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

MsH2k wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 20:52 I also read this book and enjoyed it. I missed even the one mention of the narrator's name, so I made one up for him. :)
Thank you for your take on this read.
I wonder what you called him.😹😹 His name was hidden like a treasure to hunt for.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

diana lowery wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 07:44 I listened to this book, but I think I might have enjoyed it more if I had actually read it. I'm glad you enjoyed the humor.
I actually prefer reading, usually best for me. Thanks for stopping by.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

DyanaFl wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 08:38 Seems like a great collection of adventures. Would like to read this! Thanks for the review!
You should read it. Thanks for stopping by.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

Fine Brand wrote: 16 Jan 2022, 00:24 Love me some adventurous stories, I will add this to my shelf, great review.
Nice. Thanks for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”