Review of The Maestro Monologue

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of The Maestro Monologue

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Maestro Monologue" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

You are the Maestro of your authentic and vibrant self, but what if some intruder pretends to be you and takes away the control from you? How would you chase that intruder away, so you could rightfully own your vivid self again?

The Maestro Monologue will generously help you answer those two questions above, and not only that, but it will also help you appreciate yourself more and help you be the Maestro of your own life. This book wisely leaves a tremendous impact and profound impression on readers, it will tell you that you are unique despite the apparent influences around you that tell you otherwise. This book would help you eliminate the things you are not and not add anything more because what you are looking for is already inside you, you just need to chip those unnecessary distractions away.

I heartily enjoyed reading this self-help book. Rob White’s writing is vivacious and entertaining, it will definitely keep readers earnestly engaged; the creative writing also made me feel powerful and boosted some of my self-confidence. When I first opened this and started reading, I was expecting it to be a self-help religious book, but it’s not. Some examples are given from the Bible but are connected to the idea without that religious aspect. I also appreciate the way it discussed the influences that might have an impact on a person’s esteem, for example, childhood trauma. This also incorporates mental exercises that would help you during meditation.

Although I enjoyed reading this, I can’t help but dislike the perplexing things that I noticed while I was reading. At some points, it’s trying so hard to be inspirational that it makes simple matters turn into complicated ones that take away most of life’s practicality and I also noticed that the author mostly doesn’t consider much else socioeconomic influences like the privilege of having a lovely childhood and compulsory education. A part that left the most impression on me was the part where the author said we shouldn’t question ourselves on what’s wrong with us, and I think that is toxic positivity that takes away the validation you would expect in a self-help book.

With all of that being discussed, I would gladly rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars, one star less for those negative parts I disliked. I thought this is also written and professionally edited, I haven’t found any mistakes. It also only involves minor borderline profanity. I would really like to recommend this to people who love a good self-help book.

The Maestro Monologue
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Thank you for this amazing review! I like that the book teaches how to deal with a childhood trauma, but, of course, we should take into consideration our negative features as well.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the author’s writing style is vivacious and that Rob White strives to keep readers engaged. Thanks for the unbiased review.
Hyacinth Bella

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I'm glad you agreed with me! Thank you so much for your flattering comments!
Ellylion wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 10:01 Thank you for this amazing review! I like that the book teaches how to deal with a childhood trauma, but, of course, we should take into consideration our negative features as well.
Hyacinth Bella

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Thank you so much for your kind comments!
markodim721 wrote: 12 Jan 2022, 15:42 I like that the author’s writing style is vivacious and that Rob White strives to keep readers engaged. Thanks for the unbiased review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like an interesting premise for a book. It sounds like the author has a unique way of approaching the topic. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

It sounds like the book could be helpful for people who suffer from low self-esteem. I'm interested to see how it could help. Thanks for an excellent review!
Hyacinth Bella

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Thank you for your comments!
kandscreeley wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 08:14 This sounds like an interesting premise for a book. It sounds like the author has a unique way of approaching the topic. Thanks!
Hyacinth Bella

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Your comments are much appreciated!
Prisallen wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 09:00 It sounds like the book could be helpful for people who suffer from low self-esteem. I'm interested to see how it could help. Thanks for an excellent review!
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

What an interesting way to look at and empower oneself amidst all that goes on around us day to day. Overall, it sounds like a positive book, but perhaps a bit forced and biased. Nice review!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 197
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

I do not like self-help books as I feel that they tend to make everything sound so simple, which in reality is mostly not the case. However, you said that this book was trying so hard to be inspirational that simple matters turned into complicated ones. I would like to see how on earth the author succeeded on that! 😉 but seriously, this book has some good features. Appreciating myself more and being a maestro of my own life are important issues.

Thank you for this lovely review!
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Maestro Kutlwa Musiq Radipabe VI
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maestro-kutlwa-musiq-radipabe-vi.html
Latest Review: The Journalist by John Reid Young

Post by Maestro Kutlwa Musiq Radipabe VI »

Sounds like an interesting book, I like that it embraces the concept of self appreciation. Thank you for the lovely review.
A Musician by Profession an Artist by Nature..
Hyacinth Bella

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on self-help books! I hope that when you read this, it'd be good for you.
Kirsi_78 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 04:13 I do not like self-help books as I feel that they tend to make everything sound so simple, which in reality is mostly not the case. However, you said that this book was trying so hard to be inspirational that simple matters turned into complicated ones. I would like to see how on earth the author succeeded on that! 😉 but seriously, this book has some good features. Appreciating myself more and being a maestro of my own life are important issues.

Thank you for this lovely review!
Hyacinth Bella

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

Thank you for your comments!
Utlwanang Radipabe wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 10:14 Sounds like an interesting book, I like that it embraces the concept of self appreciation. Thank you for the lovely review.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This is definitely a great book to help you gain mastery of yourself. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”