Review of Ironing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goodness_2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-2002.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of Ironing

Post by Goodness_2002 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Ironing" by Navajo.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Ironing by Navajo is a fantasy novel that revolves around the lives of several characters but majorly three trios named Emma, Ginie and Royanda. Emma’s mum happened to coin up a lot of philosophies like tall people are the problem and if they never existed, we tend to make use of less resources and less emissions. Royanda, one of the trio, experienced a heartbreak that suddenly made her want to turn into a lesbian. The trio went over to the dog stadium where dogs were being put on a race. Ginie, in an attempt to save Emma who was attacked while stroking a dog committed an act that got her destabilised. Then comes Mr Huefara who wouldn’t want his daughter to get married to Roger her lover, all because he wasn’t a Muslim. He felt he was overreacting and decided to seek advice from his friend, Stan.

I enjoyed reading this book most especially the part where the trio gets to be mentioned. It amazes me how girls from different families could bond so well and stick together. I liked the part where Mr Campbell, though not knowing who Matthew was risked pretending to know him and tells him of how he was a bright boy just to avoid being harassed and robbed. I love the way the writer, Navajo, describes each scene, character and event. The author truly has a great skill in the use of words that would make the reader want to keep reading.

Though, the Ironing was nice. The plots were interwoven that if the reader isn’t careful enough, he or she might get it all mixed up and be unable to understand. The focus kept switching to various characters and I’m left to wonder what exact point or goal the writer aims to achieve and it gets confusing. I sometimes have to go back to where the character was once mentioned to get a glimpse of the message that’s being passed.

I would rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. The author could do well by properly organizing the plot in a way or manner that won’t seem confusing to the reader. Apart from this, the book was amazing and enjoyed reading the book.

This book can be recommended for those who loves fantasy and novels not related to a particular religion. However, it is not suitable for those who hate the use of profane words as it was mentioned numerous times in the book.

Ironing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

It's amazing how events can bring strangers together and how people bond with people they haven't known before. I think this book is going to be nice. But I'm interested in the girl that wants to turn lesbian because of heartbreak
Ghrey Thel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghrey-thel.html
Latest Review: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story by Mark Zullo

Post by Ghrey Thel »

I've read Ironing and I agree with you 100%. Nice review
Mileylex112
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mileylex112.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Mileylex112 »

Friends bonding together so well, this is quite interesting and would love to read to know more about the book. Thanks for this review
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Themmie10 »

Ironing? The title sounds intriguing. Nice one!
Boredreader24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boredreader24.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Boredreader24 »

Wow the name of the book seems interesting enough
Nice review
IamPeculiar01
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iampeculiar01.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by IamPeculiar01 »

Emma's mum sounds like an interesting character. From your review it feels like the plot is really interwoven. Good job with the review.
Rita Nuncia
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-nuncia.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Rita Nuncia »

An interesting review! I would like to see how their different lives connected.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”