Review of Darksoul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ethan Howe
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ethan-howe.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier
fav_author_id: 50532

Review of Darksoul

Post by Ethan Howe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Darksoul" by L. Brooks.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Imagine when you are on the vague of your death and have no chance of surviving. Then someone comes with a statue and tells you to accept its soul if you want to survive. This is what happens to Orion in this novel called Darksoul by L. Brooks. It is a fantasy novel narrated from a third-person point of view with gruesome and explicit erotic content.

Orion and Sam own a bar. This bar is located in a real estate that is greatly needed by Micheal Tranny of Tyranny Enterprises. Tyranny offers a sum that is five times more than the real price of the bar to Sam and Orion, but they refuse to sell. Graveyard and his men are hired to persuade people to sell their property in this real estate. Sam and Orion are kidnapped and taken to a hallway, where they are shot with severe bullets. The shooters (Graveyard and his men) leave them when Sam is already dead, and Orion has only a few seconds to live. Before he dies, an old man, Jeremiah, approaches Orion with a statue called Darksoul and tells him to accept it if he wants to survive. Soon an innocent man should become violet to revenge the death of his friend.

The thing that I liked most about the novel is that it teaches a lesson to anyone who thinks that he/she is untouchable. Michael Tyranny has a lot of power and money. He thinks he can get whatever he wants even if it involves taking lives of others. Things occur in the story that teach him a good lesson. I liked it that there are twists in the plot to make it unpredictable.

The thing that I did not like about the novel is that characters are poorly developed. The author mentions small details about characters. I was displeased with the scene development, as it was poor. A few details about scenes are provided. The author's writing style lacks an element of suspense, which made the story boring. Some parts of the plot are illogical, like Cassandra quickly accepting what Jeremiah, a complete stranger, tells him without further questioning.

I rate Darksoul by L. Brooks 1 out of 4 stars because of the dislikes mentioned above. I cannot recommend this novel to anyone, but if those dislikes were not present, I think people who enjoy stories with Egyptian myths would have liked this plot. It is not suitable for young audiences. It is exceptionally well-edited.

Darksoul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

:tiphat: I loved this plot , Orion sounds like a really mysterious character.Thank you very much for this amazing review!
:tiphat:
DyanaFl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dyanafl.html
Latest Review: Like Glass by Sylvia Wilde

Post by DyanaFl »

Could have been an interesting story. Shame about the negatives though. Thanks for the review!
Ethan Howe
Currently Reading:

Post by Ethan Howe »

Humera955 wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 00:22 :tiphat: I loved this plot , Orion sounds like a really mysterious character.Thank you very much for this amazing review!
Yes he is an interesting character that you should not miss
Ethan Howe
Currently Reading:

Post by Ethan Howe »

DyanaFl wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 08:21 Could have been an interesting story. Shame about the negatives though. Thanks for the review!
Yah it was an interesting story but the negative aspects were a dissappointment

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”