Review of Rise of the Savior

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Rise of the Savior

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Rise of the Savior" by Antoine Bonner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rise of the Savior is a suspense-filled science-fiction book written by Antoine Bonner. The story revolves around two major characters named "Amanda" and "Jamie". Amanda, a young female, was about to start college to study "karate". Along the line, she encounters a deity that makes her aware that she can bring out guns with her hands; however, she didn't take it seriously. Her father gets involved in a situation that leaves him in a fatal state. It seemed all hope had been lost because she, her mum, and her sister had become faced with the reality that he was not going to make it alive. As fate would have it, Jamie, a doctor with strong magical powers, intervenes and heals him. Events turned around as Jamie's only son became seriously ill to the point of death; the only thing that would make his son come back to life was for him to take other people's lives, particularly children at his son's age. He decides to take the life of Saira, Amanda's younger sister, in exchange for his son's own. It was at this point that Amanda decided to use her power to save her sister and the people. 

This book taught me that when an individual derives joy from oppressing people, notwithstanding how powerful, educated, highly-placed, and wealthy he or she might be, it takes only seconds for the individual to go down. Hence, the necessity for us to use any position positively. Jamie never thought he was going to be brought down because he was engulfed by his power. I also liked the fact that Amanda was able to get along with her sister, "Saira," who had a weird personality. Initially, I wondered how difficult their sisterhood journey would be. It sucks when siblings display bad energy towards one another. There is a need for us to inculcate patience, understanding, and love for a relationship to work. This worked for Amanda. 

Even though it was a fictional book, I learned a lot from Amanda's family. The way they looked out for each other amazed me. It showed that a united family always breeds a happy family. The extent of love they manifested when their dad was admitted to the hospital was worth emulating. Their mother also exhibited good parenting skills; she dutifully cared for her girls in a manner that made them love each other more.

Considering that I didn't detest any part of this book and that it was professionally edited, I gave it a perfect rating of four out of four stars.

I recommend it specifically to science-fiction book lovers because they will find the storyline interesting to read. Others might not find it fascinating.

Rise of the Savior
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinedu Nwakaji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedu-nwakaji.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Chinedu Nwakaji »

I love the storyline of this book. It seems to me like a clash between individuals with supernatural powers. This review makes me eager to read the book. Thanks a lot.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It is amazing to me how fast someone’s personality can change. I’m glad to know that Amanda and Saira can get along even though they are so different.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

This seems like an intriguing story. The lessons you learnt from this book are enough to make a person pick up this book. Great review!
Faith - Benny Any

Donnedu wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 17:03 I love the storyline of this book. It seems to me like a clash between individuals with supernatural powers. This review makes me eager to read the book. Thanks a lot.
I'm glad that you found the review worth reading.
Faith - Benny Any

Amy Luman wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 17:39 It is amazing to me how fast someone’s personality can change. I’m glad to know that Amanda and Saira can get along even though they are so different.
Yes, the only key thing to do is to understand human differences, and cohabiting wouldn't be that difficult.
Faith - Benny Any

Faithy_Star wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 17:46 This seems like an intriguing story. The lessons you learnt from this book are enough to make a person pick up this book. Great review!
Yes, the story is intriguing hence the reason I learnt a lot from it. Thanks for contributing.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

Just the title has captured my attention, who wouldn't want to read how a person rose above their challenges. From the review, I've fallen in love with the storyline ready, looking forward to reading this piece of art by Antoine Bonner. Great review by the way.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”