Review of Hattie Vavaseur

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zelda Boshoff
Favorite Book: Strong Heart
Currently Reading: The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelda-boshoff.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Hattie Vavaseur

Post by Zelda Boshoff »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Hattie Vavaseur" by M. Rebecca Wildsmith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jenni Rebecca Saunders published Hattie Vavaseur, one of the unique novels written by the author M. Rebecca Wildsmith. Hattie Vavaseur is a supernatural romance novel combined with fantasy and mystery. The book takes the reader to the mystical world of Hattie and her friends. It kept me hooked from the beginning until the end.

Hattie is an old lady that has passed on to the afterlife. Unknowingly attending her own funeral. Hattie needed transport as a chauffeur was already waiting. She goes with him willingly. The current owner of the mansion seems to be reluctant to let go of his ownership. He needed Hattie to make a quick decision if she was going to be the new estate owner or not.

The spinster, however, has challenges with her memory and is too proud to inform the occupants of the house that she does not have any idea why she is living with them. While unwillingly visiting a psychic, it is clear to Hattie that she has passed on, and direly needs a friend to help regain her memory. As time passes, Hattie notices she is regaining her youth and part of her memory.

With the help of the medium Vamelda, Hattie needs to ensure that a new friend, Mr. Carrington, finds answers to his murder. Who did murder him, and why did he visit the mansion so frequently? Will Hattie be able to find romance in her afterlife?

These mysteries keep creating several enemies and allies that conclude an interesting story. This unique plot is full of unsolved murders, mystery, and forbidden love that will keep the reader glued to each page. It's an amazing story with exotic characters, and ghosts and is thoroughly entertaining. The author, Rebecca Wildsmith, has created these lovely characters with relatable personalities, feelings, and expectations. The mystical afterlife is full of challenges, and I felt sympathy for both Hattie and the owner of the mansion.

Humour incorporated into the well-developed characters gives the novel a refreshing touch. The character building was impressive, and the narration was perfect. The author loaded the story with suspense and romance. This romance is acceptable. I did not find any part of the book that I disliked. The events moved at a decent pace, allowing the reader to enjoy this different, well-written novel. I loved and enjoyed reading the book.

My rating is four out of four stars. I found no grammatical errors, and the book has been extremely well-edited. The novel contains no profanity or erotic content. Young and older readers that enjoy spooky supernatural events combined with mystery will enjoy the perfectly written novel. Readers need to note the book has descriptions of violent events that may not be suitable for readers younger than 13 years of age.

Hattie Vavaseur
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

Such a unique concept and it looks like the author executed it just right. I am eager to know the rest of the story and better understand the characters. Thank you for the great review.
Darlings O
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

A perfectly rated book with no errors or issues seems like a great way to start the new year. Thank you for your honest new review.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Thank you for this amazing recommendation! A supernatural romance novel combined with fantasy and mystery seems like the perfect recipe.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

I hope she’s able to find romance. Although I don’t think I’ll enjoy reading this book, I think your review was nice.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I have also read this book. And I enjoyed it immensely. Vamelda was such a lovely character. Thank you for a great review! :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”