Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Afreen Rahim
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afreen-rahim.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook

Post by Afreen Rahim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook" by Fred Sievert.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A workbook companion of his original book "Fast starting a career of consequences", more deeply explains the few key points that help in improving a career that he has already talked about in his original book. Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook is a perfect handbook that helps a person by giving advice and needed guidance on all steps of a career journey. The book not only provides career-wise helps but also helps in self-development. This workbook is not only for reading but to make us participate more by taking notes and tests.

The author Fred Sievert is a former president of a Fortune 100 Company. He grew from an ordinary employee to President. The story begins when his daughter, Dina asked for five tips that help her to get noticed in her workplace. And through his tips, she gets succeeded. This gave the idea of mentoring and teaching people those who needed to grow career-wise. His advice was positively received thus the book was born.

The book has a Christian belief base. The advice of the author also has a lean on Christianity. The author has included bible quotes and prayers in each chapter. Fred explains the importance of prayers, and thus asks his readers to pray us for our loved ones. As a non-Christian, I didn't find the Christianity views a problem for reading this book. I learned more about biblical principles and the way it resembles one's life.

My favorite thing in this book was the way the author makes the reader participate by including questions and problems to work out and space for writing notes. The book also has self-assessment tests and questionnaires. Another thing that I liked was the author's optimism and easy way of talking. The book had a great flow with an easy language to read through. The advice he gave are really helpful and interesting.

There isn't anything I disliked about the book. The book was professionally edited. It helps me learn something new about myself. The book actually made me get up and take my pen up. The book has served full justice to the name workbook.

I would like to rate this book a 4 out of 4. I had doubts about rating the book due to my non-Christian self. But I couldn't hide the way I enjoyed the book. It is an informative and self-help handbook. I would recommend this book to all who need the enlightenment of God, especially Christians. If you are entering or re-entering the world of jobs, you should give this book a go. It is also a suitable book for those who are still working and need to raise your standards and to shine more on work, and for those who are in doubt about their career choice.

Fast Starting a Career of Consequence: Workbook
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

It was nice to read a review about this book from the perspective of a non-Christian. I believe your review will get more non-Christians to grab a copy and read the advice presented in this remarkable book. Thank you for your effort; I enjoyed your review immensely.
Afreen Rahim
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afreen-rahim.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Afreen Rahim »

thuriya albayaa wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 06:55 It was nice to read a review about this book from the perspective of a non-Christian. I believe your review will get more non-Christians to grab a copy and read the advice presented in this remarkable book. Thank you for your effort; I enjoyed your review immensely.
Thankyou. I was hoping for that. I couldn't find a review from a non-Christain. So I tried and hopefully more people will read this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”