Review of Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Review of Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is the seventh book in the Inca Cat Detective series, but you do not necessarily have to read the earlier books to understand this one. It is an entertaining, one-of-a-kind novel about a cat detective named Inca and the rest of her furry friends. Their human mom made her decision to whisk them on a fun vacation to a small island of well-known Sri Lanka, right in the middle of India and Southeast Asia. The kitties could not be happier, lapping up the warm sunshine and having a blast on the exquisite beach. It seems like a pretty good start to their holiday. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right? Wrong. Misfortune strikes and a very precious artifact gets stolen from a museum. The cat detectives take the case into their hands. Will they be able to stop the thief and safely retrieve the sword? Or will it be too late for them to do anything?

I loved the fact that there were all these gorgeous illustrations in the book. I am sure they will engage readers if the text does not and keep them wanting to turn the pages just like it did to me. In addition, I appreciated that the author gave each of the cats a unique personality. They felt just as intriguing and complicated as any human. Furthermore, I enjoyed seeing tourist destinations from a cat's perspective. It was kind of refreshing.

As for the negative aspects of the book, there were a few times when I started to lose interest. But I suppose that is because Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat is meant for children. Moreover, the book has a few sophisticated words that little kids might find challenging to understand, such as "contentment" and "globetrotters." It is exceptionally edited since I found no grammar errors.

According to the text, I give the rating 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to children who enjoy reading about mystery and talking animals.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I, too, enjoyed the personalities of the cats when I read this book.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I read one of the books in the series and I absolutely loved it. Inca and her furry friends have such wonderful personalities and it’s always fun to read about their latest adventures and this time it’s in Sri Lanka?? Amazing!
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

That's the second review that I read for a book in this series. It looks amazing. I like also that it introduces children to different places. Sri Lanka is an exotic country with many beautiful scenes. I think children will get engaged while reading the book. Great review
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Radha Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radha-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Radha Suryawanshi »

I have never been a big fan of children's books before I read this. I agree with your reasons above.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”