Review of Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice

Post by Kavita Shah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice" by AC Michael.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice: 12 Wintery Tales written by AC Michael is a children’s book. It is the third book in the series. It is a collection of 12 short tales about the daily life of Mister Pushkin and his owner Klem. Here, we get to explore the winter life of a blue furred sulfur-eyed cat called Mister Pushkin, who has a lot of opinions and is lazy, witty and silly.

I feel pleased after reading the book. I enjoyed reading about the clumsy cat, the big descriptive words, and troublesome situations. All the tales were warm, fuzzy, and enthralling. The tales included events like Christmas dinner, a wedding, a catnapping, and a photo-shoot. The stories showed a smart, lucky, and an Ice-breaker Mister Pushkin.

Klem is a caring owner and sometimes a worried one, too. He keeps up with the high maintenance and whims of Mister Pushkin. His life isn’t easy with Mister Pushkin around, but that’s a big part of being a doting cat-owner.

I really liked the authors’ writing style. Using onomatopoeia in the book engaged the auditory senses and the descriptive writing style provided with a vivid visual of the scenes. There was nothing which I disliked about the book. It is readable as a stand-alone. But, I would recommend reading previous two books of the series.

"Mister Pushkin Goes For A Spin," is one of my favorite tales. Mister Pushkin is modeling for a photo-shoot but he isn’t co-operating much. The photographer is a smart guy and somehow gets Mister Pushkin to pose and face the camera without blinking. For the first time, Mister Pushkin gets outsmarted by a photographer. It was hilarious, and it’s just one of the many humorous tales. You’ll have to read the book to find out how he (the photographer) achieved this seemingly impossible task.  

I rate Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice:12 Wintery Tales 4 out of 4 stars. It is skillfully edited, as I didn’t find any error while reading. I recommend it to children between the ages 7-12. It would be most suitable for children who like pets (specifically cats) and can read books with a medium difficulty reading level. Children will have a fun time reading about Mister Pushkin and his daily adventures during winter.

Mister Pushkin Breaks The Ice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

As a cat owner, I am curious to know how the photographer was successful in capturing a picture of Mister Pushkin. I giggled while reading the review, and am sure I will laugh out loud when I grab a copy. Thank you for the optimistic review, I was content with it.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 814
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

It's evident from the review that even as an adult, you enjoyed reading about Mister Pushkin's daily adventures in the book. And, children will surely love this character and the humourous situations in this lovely book.
Thanks for the review. :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”