Review of Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Review of Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever viewed a cat’s diary? Or have you read about a detective cat who solves mysterious cases? If not, then Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi can be an interesting book for you.

This is a story of a snoopy cat, Inca, who wants to be the best detective in the world. At the beginning of this book, Inca introduced her entire family- Cara, Fromage, Charlotte, Missy(mom), and Aunt Florence. Inca started writing this diary to keep a track of her progress on her way to becoming the best detective. Twelve days before Christmas, Inca had a weird feeling of being watched. When she looked near the window, there was no one. But soon she was startled to find two shiny green eyeballs staring at her. Those eyes were of Inca’s friend, Monk. Monk was in a rush and invited Inca and her siblings to come and meet him at night. Why was Monk in a rush? Was there any unexpected news waiting for everyone? After Inca solved her first mysterious case, she and her mates helped Boss. But what leads Boss, a tough and big dog, to seek help from Inca and company? This entire book is full of mysterious cases.

At the beginning of this book, the author has given a brief description of Inca. This can help the readers to know Inca better. The author has also given a visual representation of Inca’s family tree. This is an extremely interesting way to start the book. I love Inca’s sassy attitude. The way she admitted that she is the smartest cat one can ever find just stole my heart. This book is written from Inca’s perspective. I wasn’t expecting that the author can recognize and express even the minute details of a cat, but there’s no doubt that the author has done her job pretty well. I like the way the author has explained how much Inca hated the cleanliness attitude of Missy. I also like that the author has done complete justice to the language of the book. It seems as if Inca is talking to the readers. The illustrations in the book make it more engaging and fascinating. This book also spreads the message of being alert, helping each other, and dreaming big in life.

There’s nothing that I disliked in this book. There are no grammatical errors, sexual content, and profane words in this book.

Considering all the aspects, the illustrations, great messages, the use of pictorial language, Inca’s sassy attitude, visual representation of the family tree, and easy language, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I am rating it four stars because this is an exceptionally well-edited book and I truly enjoy reading it.

I recommend this book to all children of 8-15 years. It is not written in hardcore English, so it is easy for everyone to read and understand it. The illustrations in this book can prove to be engaging for the targeted audience. Children who are interested in suspense fiction and want to learn some great life lessons should check out this book. 

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Many things about this story seem strange. Not the least of which is Inca, a cat, trying to be a detective.
Muskan Upadhyaya
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-upadhyaya.html

Post by Muskan Upadhyaya »

Amy Luman wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 08:32 Many things about this story seem strange. Not the least of which is Inca, a cat, trying to be a detective.
Yeah this story is full of suspense and thrill so you might find something strange in this. But this is definitely an interesting story.
Ousebian Nicholas
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ousebian-nicholas.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by Ousebian Nicholas »

Inca seems to be smart and determined to do better in her detective career. I have read two books in the series, I can't wait to grab a hold of this book. I'd love to know which number this book falls in the series. Let me do my due diligence and find out. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”