Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bibliodecladipham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliodecladipham.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Bibliodecladipham »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In life we all get comfortable in our lifestyles and choices, but it can change instantly before you even notice. In Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War, a McBride adult romance suspense, written by the author, Dorothy May Mercer, it shows the sudden changes in one’s life situation. Cynthia has such a major role in her job, in which she is quite involved, causing her to miss the little things in life she didn’t know she needed. Between the cyber war she is planning with her brother, Glenn Patterson, and the love triangle with Dan and Sky, there is so much happening in her life, which opened her eyes to new possibilities in both her career and love life. The characters in this book are very intelligent and give captivating views on online hacking and how it can be used to sabotage schemes made online by terrorists, which makes this book an all-round great read.

While reading the book, you continuously keep wondering what’s going to happen next, because there is so much happening and really interesting characters that enter the story. It truly keeps you thinking. Every time a new character enters the story, you don’t know where to place them yet. For instance, I didn’t know if the two highly intelligent guys, that can cause so much insurrection online, could be trusted at all. Also, when Sky entered the story, he flew in like a “knight in shining armour” and sounded too good to be true, from the moment he met Cynthia. But in the end, it all had a positive outcome in her life and accomplishments. She is a very strong and independent woman and while going through such an emotional time, she still stood strong and it is a positive way to show woman how to handle difficult and uncertain times.

It was a very enjoyable book to read and it is hard to think of anything negative to say, especially with a well written book like this, but if I have to mention something, it would be that in some instances I was hoping to read a bit more about the important discussions Cynthia needed to have with both Dan and Sky, towards the end. But as the author said in her notes at the end of the book, by leaving some parts of the information out, it keeps the options open to write about the characters again in a follow up book. Well, she definitely got me excited to read the next book.

When deciding on the rating, it just missed the four star rating because of the small loose ends left at the end of the book. But, due to the excellent editing of the book as well as the various plots described in the book which keeps you guessing, I give this book three out of four stars. There is a lot of technical intelligence to read about as well as plausible scenarios that make the book so captivating. The author really opened my eyes on what goes on in the cyber world.

In my opinion, Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War, is suitable for a variety of readers, for example, computer and hacking boffins as well as war enthusiasts. It is also suitable for romance lovers, because of the struggle between the old and the new, keeps you wondering with whom she will end up with. I am truly looking forward to Dorothy May Mercer’s other books.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tebogo Eugene M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tebogo-eugene-m.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Tebogo Eugene M »

Thanks for the review interesting book about cyber world and of course read about Cynthia including situations she faced will add to my book shelve. "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.
Bibliodecladipham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliodecladipham.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Bibliodecladipham »

Thank you. It was really a book worth reading.
Prat Fan
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Prat Fan »

This book sounds like something I need to read. I love books with different things to read about and reading about what could happen in the ceber world is a bonus. Thanks for the review, I will add it to my bookshelf.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”