Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's Dream For Peace is a memoir about the author's life. The book starts by narrating where the author was born and the type of environment he grew up in. The author also narrated his origin and how it influenced his decision.

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah was born into a family on the east side of Algeria. He was born into a family that never allowed any intimidation. However, he lost his dad at a young age, but his mom made sure he never lacked anything, especially concerning his academic life. Because of his good academic results, he was sent abroad to study. Over there, he was constantly discriminated against and racially abused, but he didn't let this stand in his way of achieving success. He wasn't just a doctor; he served as a special advisor to the president of Ivory Coast. He also played a vital role in helping Algeria gain its freedom from France. He felt that Africa needed a voice, and he was ready to help not just Africa, but the world at large, find peace. There is still a lot to read about this multi-talented author who devoted his life to making the world a better place. Grab a copy of this book to follow this author through his written journey.

Memoirs this good don't come around often. To be candid, as an African, I don't plan on returning to this country if I should leave. But after going through this book, I don't think I would want to do that. Dr. Ghoulem was just an activist, but he was the type of child every mother would pray to have and the husband every woman would pray to have too. He made certain that he was not giving up in any aspect of his life. His compassionate life was something worth emulating. Imagine giving up living in America to come and be an activist in your country. He also helped resolve issues between the two countries that weren't even in Africa. It must take a lot of willpower to do all that.

I didn't find anything lacking in this book. I believe this author is not talked about enough in Africa. If everyone put out the same amount of energy as Dr. Ghoulem, the world would be a better place. I also learned a lot about the Algerian tradition while reading this book. The author did very good work in the way he detailed the book. Even the average person would understand this book.

I'm rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book had no errors. This shows that it was exceptionally well-edited. I would recommend this book to people who love reading memoirs.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aisha Yakub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

This is inspiring. The world needs more people like Ghoulem. Thank you for your review.
degoodwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-degoodwriter.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by degoodwriter »

This man is indeed someone worth emulating such an amazing man
Judy46
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

I have learnt that no matter how bad you view the world just help in the little way you think you can.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

If everyone was like this man then the world be a better place.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

I’m currently reading this book and I’m finding it interesting. Can’t wait to finish up.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

"Dream for Peace" is a must-read for anyone who cares about making a positive impact on the world.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”