Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jerry334
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry334.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Review of Manifesto for a Cancer Patient

Post by Jerry334 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Manifesto for a Cancer Patient" by Colleen Huber, NMD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Colleen Huber's book, Manifesto for a Cancer Patient, is a non-fiction work with more than 200 pages that covers the issue of cancer, such as the risks of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, as well as the most appropriate methods of cancer treatment. The author explains how doctors offer cancer patients radiotherapy and chemotherapy as their only treatment options. These doctors don't care about their patients' health; all they want is to make a profit off of them. Patients with cancer are desperate to get better, so they will go to any length, even selling their homes, to receive aggressive cancer therapy that is not only costly but also dangerous. The book not only points out the negative aspects of radical cancer treatment but also proposes a less expensive, safer, and more effective alternative. So, what exactly is this second alternative for cancer treatment? On reading this book, we will get to find out.

What I appreciate about this book is the author's concern for the patients. She accomplishes this by advocating for patients' right to choose the best procedure or treatment that is suitable for them. Doctors, for example, she suggests, should allow cancer patients to choose other cancer treatments rather than impose chemotherapy and radiotherapy as the only alternative treatments. Another feature I like about this book is that it is instructive. I learned about the types of diets that cancer patients should and should not follow. For example, sugar and other sweeteners are harmful to cancer patients and should be replaced with stevia.

While mentioning the dangers of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, the author neglects to mention the dangers of naturopathic cancer treatment. I believe that she is opposing radical treatment because she aims to promote her clinic. This does not set her apart from the unethical doctors and politicians who claim that chemotherapy and radiotherapy are the only ways to cure cancer.

Despite the book's flaws, I still believe in the author's idea of naturopathic cancer treatment. I believe that such treatment is far superior to radical treatments, which are expensive and have negative effects on the body. I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because of the author's solid argument for naturopathic cancer treatment versus radical cancer treatment, as well as the fact that it is well edited and error-free.

I recommend this book to anyone interested in learning about cancer, such as its causes, treatments, and prevention measures. I also recommend this book to anyone who has a friend or loved one who has been diagnosed with cancer and is looking for inexpensive and effective ways to cure their illness.

Manifesto for a Cancer Patient
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
lily_kh87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-kh87.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by lily_kh87 »

Great review. Interesting fact about the sugar and the cancer.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”