Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Themmie10 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Randy the irresistible, written by S.M Goodier, is a book centered on a man in his prime named Randy who leaves home in search of greener pastures. Randy the irresistible is a book with humor, sex scenes, vulgar words, drug and alcohol addiction, and relationships with friends. Randy is a selfish and self-centered person and an intriguing being, a handsome irresistible young man who is not irresistible to young and old women. He is a coward who runs from situations, those that do not go along with his plans, in particular, not thinking of the consequences. He breezes through life without a care for anyone. Randy leaves school for a while after losing interest in his education. He starts work at an agency where he gets hired and is paid an hourly rate. He works there until he has had enough, then settles for a permanent job. Later, Randy is interested in his studies again. He decides to go en route to London, where his journey begins. He rents an apartment where he plays a prank on his landlord, then moves again to another apartment where he runs away from the seduces of his landlady to another where he wants to play on the intelligence of his co-tenant. Later in his journey, he meets Nicky, a focused and controlling, whose standard is different from his. But as it is his habit, he leaves her. His lifestyle in London ranges from drinking, working, running away from his apartment, and sleeping around. Until his sister, Harriet sits him down and speaks to him about his way of life.

Randy the irresistible is a book that captivated me right from page one. Randy’s lifestyle speaks on what most youths tend to face when they leave the comfort of their parents to a new environment. I so much love the character of Randy, one of a kind. I also love Micheal’s character, Randy’s father’s friend. I love his knowledge, and how he guided Randy in his journey. The author did a great job on this.

Despite the captivating nature of Randy the irresistible, the profanities in the book were disturbing, the sex scenes were also quite much and sometimes too explicit that I don’t think other readers might find it appealing. Also, there were mentions of too many characters that I will have to stop for a while to recollect who is who.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because the book has a lot of good humor. And it was able to relate with the life of the youths.

I recommend this book to open-minded people who would not mind the profanities and the sex scenes. And also to people who will like to have a good laugh while reading. It is not recommendable to underage people because of the sex scenes.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pristine21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pristine21.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Pristine21 »

Thank you for such an honest review. I am yet to read this book but your review will go a long way in making up my mind whether to read or not.
Thanks
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

What a honest review. You completely showed them Randy's bad sides. I've read this book and I think your review is Awesome
Juliette1812
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliette1812.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Juliette1812 »

Great review... I'll definitely check it out.
Rita Nuncia
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-nuncia.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Rita Nuncia »

The book is actually a good read. Nice review
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

Your review did justice to the book. I have read the book and I love the way you explained Randy's life. Great review
IamPeculiar01
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iampeculiar01.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch

Post by IamPeculiar01 »

Reviews on this book are always interesting to read and yours isn't an exception. I think Randy's lifestyle is just that of a typical young person still trying to find himself and understand life from his own beliefs until reality hits him and he's is ready to sit and learn. Nice review.
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

Randy is a charismatic and smart young man, and I love that about him. But I do have to admit, he doesn't always make the best decisions. Thanks for the lovely review.
Ghrey Thel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghrey-thel.html
Latest Review: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story by Mark Zullo

Post by Ghrey Thel »

This book is a wonderful find and I absolutely loved the role Micheal played in aiding Randy's character development. Great review
Boredreader24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boredreader24.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Boredreader24 »

It's honestly nice to see Randy's growth throughout the story
Great review
Mileylex112
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mileylex112.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Mileylex112 »

Randy is an interesting character. I would love to read and learn from Randy. A good review
Edet Joy
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edet-joy.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Edet Joy »

I've read Randy and I really do think your review summed it up really well. Randy was such a loveable character
OEA_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oea.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by OEA_ »

This is a book I believe people will be able to relate to. Thank you for bringing a balanced view to it.
Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekanem-onyinye-uduak-abasi.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ekanem Onyinye Uduak-Abasi »

Your review is amazing you showed both the good and bad side of Randy. It just showed that he is human, and humans have flaws
Iziengbe
Currently Reading: The Party Line
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Iziengbe »

Randy seems to be the most carefree character I've ever read about. I love how he seems to still stand on his feet and survive. I'm curious to what his sister tells him. Thank you for this amazing review, I will be giving this book a read

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”