Review of Randy the Irresistible

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monique Francisco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monique-francisco.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Randy the Irresistible

Post by Monique Francisco »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Randy the Irresistible" by S M Goodier.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Meet the youngest child of John and Marjorie Love who is Randy. At his age, Randy has this undeniable unique charm. He is confident and indeed irresistible. There were lots of instances when he used his charm to not-so-right cases like picking numbers of girls and just leaving them behind. Find out the challenges including the ups and downs of this young adult named Randy. This book entitled Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier will show you why does Randy be an irresistible one and the other good things like lessons that can be collected to his journey called life.

Aside from the fact that this book is a good read, it is also undeniably an entertaining one from the starting point of Randy's journey up to the last. There were lots of instances when I found myself smiling and laughing because of some amusing events that involves Randy. My experience reading this was like I'm watching a movie that's about the life of a young adult guy but in a more enjoyable manner. The book is the television and Randy's story is the movie. One of the remarkable entertaining events is when Randy entered the office. I'll not elaborate it further but when you read that part, there will be an 'I told you so' moment.

This book is not just about how fun and entertaining it is. There's more to it that you can read, observe, and learn. Randy, a young adult is taking his ride to what we call life. He is not the usual ideal-perfect protagonist that everyone wants. Yes, he has these imperfections and these are the reasons why he's unique from those usual young adults in other books. His journey might be relatable at the same time can teach lessons to other readers especially to those young adults out there. Let's learn from his good decisions and actions then, prevent doing those bad ones. Randy can be an inspirational character plus the other characters who add flavors to Randy's life.

This is an easy-read book and at the same time a reader-friendly one. One of the reasons is that the author added a glossary or "Index of British Terminology and Slang" located at the last part of the book. This is a big help for me and for those who are non-British readers when encountering unfamiliar words written in British. On the other hand, there are minimal errors but do not give a large effect to destroy the beauty of the book so rest assured that the reading process will still be an enjoyable one. Better if you, yourself will be the one who will find out why Randy is an irresistible one.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars considering how the author wrote it in a creative and entertaining manner. I recommend this to those young adults who are finding some relatable events at the same time who need the inspiration to find that they are good in those times that they feel that they are not enough. On the other hand, I don't recommend this book to those who are under 18 years old and to those who are against on sex scenes and bad words since it contains mature content and profanities.

Randy the Irresistible
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Soraya Bayah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thuriya-albayaa.html
Latest Review: The Lockdown Collection by Barry Jacob

Post by Soraya Bayah »

I have to admit, you made Randy sound as irresistible! I am compelled to grab a copy and watch the events unravel, but I would've enjoyed it if it did not contain sexual content. Nonetheless, it is justified as Randy is a young guy. Thank you for the enthusiastic review. I was left with a smile on my face. :D
Monique Francisco
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monique-francisco.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Monique Francisco »

You're welcome and thank you also. Hope you will always have a smile on your face in every book that you'll read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”