Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Timothee22
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Timothee22 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis is a book that addresses the challenges of healthcare and how it affects patients. It also touched on how everyone can control their health.

The book starts by explaining the generations of medical practice from medieval times to the present age to its readers. It also talks about some aspects of healthcare: the basic, legal, and financial aspects. Regis is a physician assistant who has been in the service for over 20 years. Her father used to be an alternative medical practitioner, and she learned specific skills and mannerisms that helped her look after medical patients from him. The experience also shaped her lifelong dream of pursuing a career in health science. She had a rare skin cancer called amelanotic nodular melanoma, but she got treated and recovered from it.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis is an instructive and educational book that I believe should be read by everyone, whether you are a medical practitioner or not. This is a highly recommended book, not only because of its content but also because of the author's vast experience. It was written as if it were a biography of the author.

This is a work that emphasizes the importance of being listened to as a patient. Most deaths occur in hospitals because medical practitioners are too egoistic to listen to patients. The moment this starts changing, the better things will become for patients and practitioners. I love how the author uses stories and experiences to relay her messages to her readers. Stories serve as a better way to pass information to people in an effective manner, and I really appreciated this. Also, the author's writing style was quite unique and was easy to read. I would recommend she writes more.

However, I had hoped the book would have well-researched points to relay its messages to its readers. It lacks detailed research to enable it to be accepted in all spheres of medicine. Some practitioners or professionals may not regard or consider its contents due to that fact. However, this won't affect my rating. Therefore, I will give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't see any errors, so I believe this book was professionally edited. I would recommend this book to every medical practitioner out there. It also lacks sexual and explicit content; therefore, it has no age restriction.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

The health care system is in a big mess. Those at the top care little about their oath. They are reluctant when it comes to carrying out their duty but not when it comes to money
Harry Benjamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Harry Benjamin »

This is a well written review. There is need for improvement in the healthcare sector.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”