Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In A Dream For Peace, Dr. Ghoulem Berrah writes his memoir describing his past experiences as a little boy in Algeria while being colonized by the French. He describes growing up as a Muslim and eventually getting the will to struggle for Algeria’s independence from France. Losing his father at a young age and, thereafter, losing his mother when he was in college are among his painful experiences. He later got very educated and even went on to serve directly under an African president. He also carried out different diplomatic missions. Having been unsuccessful in his first two marriages, he went on to marry the love of his life, Titi and was with her till the end. This book covers the struggle of many African nations for independence and freedom from colonialists. It also covers the wars and coups that took place in many African countries before and after independence. It also covers the issues of apartheid, racism, xenophobia, among others. Read this captivating book to look more into Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life and African history.

I love this book because it uncovers a lot of interesting issues regarding the African continent. It also educates the readers on a lot of things concerning politics, diplomacy, the pre-colonial and post-colonial periods, wars, and Africa as a whole. The author also wrote extensively on the many issues he brought up that would be interesting to the readers. The author also added pictures and documents which solidified his stories. It is more of an expository and educative book. Also, it was exceptionally well edited.

The book was wonderfully crafted, and the only part I disliked was that it seemed like the author wrote too extensively on various topics, making it too long and a bit boring for the average reader. He, at times, used a lot of complex words that would be too difficult for the reader to decipher.

I will give this exceptional book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It is a captivating one and extremely valuable because of the pictures that were added to prove what the author wrote about. I would have deducted a star because of the reasons I mentioned in the previous paragraph, which includes writing on various topics for longer than necessary and consequently boring the reader to an extent, but I don't consider that enough reason to warrant the deduction of a star.

I recommend this book to lovers of history, especially African history and political-inclined readers. They will find it very educative and see it as an eye-opener.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Timothee22
Favorite Author: David Schwarzkopf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothee22.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
fav_author_id: 248826

Post by Timothee22 »

"The book was wonderfully crafted, and the only part I disliked was that it seemed like the author wrote too extensively on various topics, making it too long and a bit boring for the average reader. " This was exactly what I disliked bout the book. It felt boring and I had to push true sometimes. Sometimes it was actually fascinating though because of certain information that the book contained.
Hakeem nuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakeem-nuel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hakeem nuel »

I love how the author maintained peace and order while fighting for a just cause. He is truly a great leader.
Cesyao
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cesyao.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Cesyao »

A Dream for Peace is a literary gem that encourages readers to be catalysts for positive change in the world.
Elvischukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvischukwu.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Elvischukwu »

A Dream for Peace invites readers to reflect on the interconnectedness of our world and the role each of us plays in shaping its future.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

I was captivated by the book's vivid descriptions of the political, social, and cultural landscape of Algeria during that period, providing a comprehensive understanding of the historical context.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”