Review of Apotheosis Now

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of Apotheosis Now

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Apotheosis Now" by Yanhao Huang.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Apotheosis Now: Rabbit Hole to the Beyond by Yanhao Huang talks about mindset, emotions, spirituality and life. This book contains a mixed of ideas from other prominent authors. In this book, you can see many highlighted phrases taken from other books which is quite good because you can take it as a book recommendations too.

When I saw the book cover, it didn't draw my attention but when I read the description, I was intrigued. Yanhao Huang is much different from other authors I encounter because he has different writing style. He has other way of expressing his thoughts and ideas which I can say that he has a unique point of view. Admirably, the book touched me in some way because some of the text resonates me like " The ego wants permanency". I would say that the author sometimes explains his ideas effectively but for me, many of his explanations is a bit confusing and broad that is not easy to grasp. But my reading experience of this book is maybe opposite for the other readers as we have different comprehension. However, I appreciate all his effort being poured into this book.

In addition, the title of the book for me is not eye-catching as it is a rare word. Consequently, it did not capture my interest in the first place and maybe for potential readers as well. The title of the book, Apotheosis Now is not very understandable in the first place that's why it's a negative aspect for me. But as the saying goes, " Don't judge the book by its cover, judge the book by its content". This book is maybe not a good one for me but it might be the best book ever read by other bookworm since every reader has different reading experience.

With all my interpretations, I rate this book 2 out of 4 stars since the author's writing style doesn't suit my taste. Many of his ideas didn't retain in my memory which is quite unsatisfactorily. In spite of that, I can say that the book is well-edited because I don't see any misspelled words.

As a result, I recommend this book to people who have higher level of comprehension since the author's explanations on different matters needs deeper understanding because of his unique perspective. This book, Apotheosis Now is also good for self-help books enthusiast which through out this book, you can learn some guidelines on how to deal in life. I can say that this book is so unique which is nice to try with.

Apotheosis Now
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Wow! This book sounds very complicated and not to my liking. I think I'll pass, but nice review, Hazel.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 09:52 Wow! This book sounds very complicated and not to my liking. I think I'll pass, but nice review, Hazel.
This is ridiculous. Haha. I'm too shy now.🙈 I think just because I'm still learning at that time, that is my opinion. Again, thanks so much, Nisha.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”