Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Review of A Brighter Tomorrow

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Brighter Tomorrow" by Lori Schneider, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

2020, a year to be remembered for a long time. The pandemic of a virus to never forget: almost every part of the world went on lockdown. Coupled with the pandemic came fear and insecurities. Despite the pandemic and lockdown, Lori Schneider, MD, who had little to no knowledge of poetry, discovered she had what it took to become a poet and was able to write the book A Brighter Tomorrow. The book was dedicated to her lovely husband and children. The book, just like the title, was written to remind us of the hope of better days ahead. 

Unlike some books of poetry that are filled with the author continuously trying to make rhymes and then ending up drifting from the initial content, A Brighter Tomorrow stays on course and, with beautiful and elegant rhymes, she makes her point. It is a very short book, with 98 pages and over 37 poems. Nevertheless, it was able to cover a lot of themes that would be able to uplift one's morale during the pandemic or any down moment. The first poem, "The Creative Process," is about the author's newfound love for writing and the feelings that come with it. She gave credit to the artist who drew spectacular drawings that always kept me wondering how they were drawn. Then there are other themes: "Pandemic 2020", "Injustice", "Courage", "Love", "Hope" and "A Bright Tomorrow". Any more than this would be me spoiling the magnificent book for you.

It was a heartfelt book, and I was able to deeply understand what she was talking about. Maybe it's because I had witnessed everything she said, or maybe her writings were soul-stirring; whatever the case, my revolve was elevated. I loved how the themes were arranged and how the main theme ("A Bright Tomorrow") ended the book; it was reassuring. The artwork beside each poem gave this auspicious feeling. If one were to read this, I'll advise you to do so while listening to a slow melodic tone. It sets the mood and makes you focus solely on the book. My favourite theme of all was that of "Love". To love, they say, is to be foolish; meaning, when you genuinely love someone, there are certain things the person will do that on a normal day you wouldn't tolerate, but because it's that person, you'll turn a blind eye to it. There's nothing as genuine as the love a parent can have for their children.

The book didn't have a single error and was excellently edited. I found no fault in the book, be it professionally or personally. The artworks that were placed beside each poem to provide the reader with a little image of the situation were well placed. It was indeed a lovely poem.

As I've said, I found no errors in this book, and thus, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

I highly recommend this book to those who love nonfictional poetry and to those looking for a bit of closure.

A Brighter Tomorrow
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Poetry books are interesting, and I love poetry. Poems are not easily understood unless you see it from the authors perspective and am glad you enjoyed and understood the poems
Poetic Justice
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

To understand a poem, indeed you have to read from the author's perspective. Try writing a poem, I'll be the first to give it a try.
Thanks for the comment.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

Thanks for the review. i could tell from your review how will written the book was. congrats to Lori Schneider on a wonderful book. i look forward to reading it.
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

I am not a fan of poetry because it's sometimes confusing, but your review makes it sound quite interesting. Good review
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

When it comes to poetry I just find so much love for it, the ability to hide deep meanings in random words is what gets me hyped when I read poems. Your review is lovely, thank you.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

Poetry book are good, nice review I would love to read it
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

The pandemic exposed us to things we never thought of, such as in the area of technology.
Ukonu Rita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukonu-rita.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ukonu Rita »

Although I'm not a big fan of poems and poetry in a whole, this book sure has a captivating side. Great job on the review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”