Review of Seeking... Finding... Healing...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of Seeking... Finding... Healing...

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Seeking... Finding... Healing..." by Becky Lu Jackson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Becky Lu Jackson is the author of Seeking... Finding...Healing.... In this book, she gives insightful strategies on how to gain complete inner healing from past traumas and major adversities in life. Becky, on her own, experienced different difficulties in life which she surpasses, and she humbly shares her inspiring story in this book. She introduced visualization as a way to examine your younger selves as well as your future selves. This book is packed of knowledge and wisdom of the author to help readers achieve inner family healing.

I like how this book affects me because it made me visualized my younger selves and future selves. Reading this book flashback my memories from childhood which is self-soothing. I remember the good times and bad times in the past which I never expect from this book, but I'm thankful I red this book because I did visualize, consequently led me to think good plans for my future selves, and forgive my younger selves for the mistakes I made.

There's some part of the book which I like the most. Like in page 121, the author says, "What we want from our body is perfection. No aging, just the energy level we want, the height we want, the weight we want, the strength we want, and no physical pain. This dictatorship style of communication doesn't reflect a healthy relationship and typically doesn't yield a results we want". This passage is very true to me which touched me in a deeper level because I feel it everytime and it affects my overall personality. It is my bad habit that needs to change. This book helped to change my mindset at some point. It is being follow-up by the author at page 147, saying, "There are no perfect humans; the state of perfection in human is IMPERFECTION. I like to emphasize these ideas of the author because I reflected on this. I would say this book helped me to become the best version of my future selves.

Additionally, there's nothing I dislike about this book because the overall content gives me satisfaction. I didn't feel bored while reading it which is a good sign that the book is really entertaining and educative in any sense. I learned a lot from this book.

As a result, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the above reasons. I found the book professionally edited since there's no grammatical error exists. Also, I like the author's writing style because of its uniqueness.

In conclusion, this book is appealing to people who wants to achieve inner family healing- both younger selves and future selves. People who had traumatic experience would find this book helpful too. Moreover, readers of self-help books would find it fascinating. It is a must-read book.

Seeking... Finding... Healing...
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
jomana_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jomana-3.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by jomana_3 »

I believe that the author did a great job at explaining the healing process, and I didn't find it boring at any point throughout the book. Great review!
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I think this is a good book that I should read. Self-healing is one of the most difficult processes one has to endure. This especially applies to people who have undergone traumatic events several times. Thanks for recommending this book. I will ensure I read it.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

During the pandemic, I went through things that hurt me a lot. What this book offers is valuable, I hope to have the opportunity to read it
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 84381
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1196%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

This is a clear and compassionate book to inspire and guide Goodreads
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

jomana_3 wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 20:45 I believe that the author did a great job at explaining the healing process, and I didn't find it boring at any point throughout the book. Great review!
Thank you for appreciating the review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

jomana_3 wrote: 27 Aug 2022, 20:45 I believe that the author did a great job at explaining the healing process, and I didn't find it boring at any point throughout the book. Great review!
I agree! Thanks Jomana.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Shillah Andeso wrote: 28 Aug 2022, 08:30 I think this is a good book that I should read. Self-healing is one of the most difficult processes one has to endure. This especially applies to people who have undergone traumatic events several times. Thanks for recommending this book. I will ensure I read it.
Yes I agree Shillah, self-healing is a long process. It takes years, and the process is really hard. I can say it through my traumatic events happen in my life. It changed me. Thanks for the comment. I appreciate you.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Adrian Rondon Salazar wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:11 During the pandemic, I went through things that hurt me a lot. What this book offers is valuable, I hope to have the opportunity to read it
I hope everything around you now Adrian is better than the few weeks or months. Thanks for the comment. I appreciate you.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Margi zuu202 wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 08:21 This is a clear and compassionate book to inspire and guide Goodreads
Yes it is Margi. Thanks for the comment. I appreciate you.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

I haven't read this novel but your review shows this book was well-written and truly has healing powers for past trauma. In my opinion, I believe the best remedy for past trauma is to let time heal, for it is the ultimate healer.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
Telwandle Ndwandwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-telwandle-ndwandwe.html
Latest Review: The Fighting Ibex by Leo Peterson

Post by Telwandle Ndwandwe »

This book sounds exactly like what I need. Some traumatic experiences require more than time to be able to heal from so I appreciate such books. I wish to read it soon. Nice review
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Jay David Randall wrote: 01 Dec 2022, 16:01 I haven't read this novel but your review shows this book was well-written and truly has healing powers for past trauma. In my opinion, I believe the best remedy for past trauma is to let time heal, for it is the ultimate healer.
Yes, I agree with what you said Jay David! Time heals all wounds. It is based on my experiences as well.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 16 May 2022, 23:01
She introduced visualization as a way to examine your younger selves as well as your future selves.
Hmmm, this is an interesting concept. I'm curious to know how this would work. If time permits, I will try and check it out. Thanks for the detailed review, Hazel.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Nisha DSouza wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 10:07
Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 16 May 2022, 23:01
She introduced visualization as a way to examine your younger self as well as your future self.
Hmmm, this is an interesting concept. I'm curious to know how this would work. If time permits, I will try and check it out. Thanks for the detailed review, Hazel.
Thank you so much, Nisha, for checking out my old reviews. It is a great book and I hope you can check it out soon.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”