Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Some believe in luck, some believe in grace, and some others believe in coincidence. However, these circumstances can either help or stop an action that can be tragic and devastating. Dorothy May Mercer's book E M P Honeymoon told the story of a couple, Kelly and her husband Tom, who were on their honeymoon. The exploration of streets, alleys, and markets led Kelly to a discovery that nearly took her life. She stumbled into a terrorist plan. Scared, Kelly reached out to her brother, Senator McBride. Thus, the journey that was supposed to be a honeymoon ended up with an investigation into a planned terrorist attack.

The author of this book is a familiar name to me. I read her other book. Some characters in this book were also drawn from the other book. It is a great venture to link characters. As a result, it is easier to combine her works and preserve her legacy. I love this idea. Relative to this book, the author did a splendid job. The author began the story in a relatable manner. The reader could feel the events and situations in which the characters were involved. The book was written as if it were a real-life event. At the end of the story, the author added characters and endnotes that I loved. This character addition aids the reader to master and identify characters while reading the book. The prelude was a perfect introduction to the storyline of the book. This is great work.

The plotline is well developed. The structure is well presented. The characters were also well developed. The balance between the forces, the progress of the terrorists, and that of Tom and Kelly, made the book appear logically consistent. On this note, I have nothing I hate about this book.

This book gets a 4 out of 4 from me because it was exceptionally well edited. The transition between chapters is commendable. The progression of ideas was also well presented. Although some parts of the book were predictable, the best parts were difficult to predict. I feel the author did a great job with this book.

I recommend this book to lovers of stories about terrorism and heroism. It is a splendid book that can educate. I strongly recommend it. A reader who is also highly interested in books that explore terrorist weaponry will also enjoy this book. It was a good read for me, and I believe it would be for you too. 

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

This is a short and precise review, I enjoyed it and it is well informative.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Osakwe Favour »

The research on EMPs is evident throughout the book, making the story feel incredibly authentic. It's a wake-up call to the potential dangers we face. E M P Honeymoon left me with lingering questions about the potential consequences of EMPs.
Chioma Oz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chioma-oz.html
Latest Review: Flowers of Evil by N.L. Holmes

Post by Chioma Oz »

Solid plot, well-structured, rich characters, and a balanced narrative make this book remarkably consistent, earning my praise.
David Samanthaa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

The characters in EMP Honeymoon are well-developed and relatable. Their journey through love and adversity makes for an engaging read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”