Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Ifesi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
The above statement is a quote by Mark Twain mentioned in page 12 of this book, Bluewater Walkabout. The author did stick to the concept of living a less boring life as long as she is healthy. Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is an inspiring memoir that revealed her experiences at sea.

Tina Dreffin is a married woman with two kids, Warren and Adam. Tina, who suffered from sexual abuse at a young age, grew up to become an adventurer along with her husband, Peter. Tina met Peter through her brother and got married to him. Peter persuaded her to spend more time at sea than she had previously. Through drug abuse while at sea, Tina lost their child, whom they later named Eve. However, Peter and Tina were blessed years later with two children. During their trip to Africa, the family encountered the five dreaded animals on their way. As they explore with their catamaran, Scud, the family meets other people with similar goals. They suffered from some problems at one point or another. From Kruger National Park to the spread of HIV/AIDS in South Africa to Africa, read more about the life of Tina Dreffin and her experiences at sea as you dive into this intriguing memoir.

Bluewater Walkabout is a 150-page book filled with the adventures of the Dreffins. Bluewater Walkabout, a family and adventure book, showcases the courage of the Dreffin family as they embark on a journey most people dream of every day. The book contained photographs from the beginning to the end to show more of the title given to each part.

The most exciting part of this book was their experiences in South Africa. The encounter with the Big Five (elephant, black rhino, African buffalo, leopard, and lion) kept me glued to the book. I could picture the places the Dreffins visited in my head through the author’s vivid description. From her personal experiences, I learned a few things about sexual abuse and the female body.

The author's use of vocabulary was so strict that I had to open my dictionary from time to time. However, it was not a problem as I learnt some new words. The book was professionally well-edited as I encountered few errors while reading. Therefore, with my examination, I rate Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin four out of four stars.

I recommend this book to lovers of adventure and tourism. The book is suitable for all readers, young and old.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

The most attractive but of this book is the book cover. It's amazing. I also like reading about the authors voyages. Great review.
Poetic Justice
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

After reading this book I started wondering what a touring Europe with my girlfriend would look like. I love travelling and I easily fell in love with this books
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

I like that Tina is a survivor. I'm sure I would enjoy this book since I enjoy adventure stories. I look forward to reading more about the dreffins journey.
Wamala Elijah Mul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliwamala.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Wamala Elijah Mul »

The fact that Tina is a survivor is quite inspiring. Since it is an adventure story, I can almost guarantee that I will love reading this book. I am looking forward to learning more about the Dreffins' travels in the upcoming chapters.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?
17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Tina is good with descriptions. She carries the reader along in their expedition. I am currently reading this book and it is going well so far.
De law
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-de-law.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by De law »

Tina really did more than just write about her adventure she was also open to talk about her woes before getting married and after she got married. I love how daring she was.
Lily_flower_the_reader
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-flower-the-reader.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: From Weekend Golfer to Pro Golfer in Two Years by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Lily_flower_the_reader »

This book basically took me on an adventure. You get to go on wild adventures and have good memories especially with the ones you love. That's one thing I loved about this book. Thank you for a well written review.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Hmmmm. The opening sentence is powerful. I am intrigued by the courage of Tina and how she and her family takes risks. I also admire her as a mother to her children. I think i would love to learn some things from Tina.
Thera reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Thera reads »

Whether you're traveling solo or with friends, an adventure can create lasting memories.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”