Review of Raven's Peak

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Review of Raven's Peak

Post by Waliyat_24 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak, by Lincoln Cole, is a mix of different genres that a reader might get perplexed about where to place it, but that isn’t necessary because they all add to the authenticity of the book. It’s a mix of fantasy, theology, thrill, suspense, action, and a sprinkle of romance and science. You might not want to miss a story like this.

This story follows a young woman in her twenties whose name is Abigail. Abigail is a demon hunter who works for a society called The Council. She has been trained from when she was a child by her adoptive father, Arthur. Abigail is on a mission to get back something irreplaceable that got taken from her during a fight. She’s a strong-headed lady that doesn’t take to instructions. Haatim is an intelligent young man who left his hometown in India for America, where he went to college before. He lost his sister to cancer, and unable to deal with the grief, he came back to America. Haatim and Abigail meet in a supernatural clash that he has no idea of. There and then, he becomes part of their world. Together, they meet, fight, and conquer demons.

Raven’s Peak is a fantastic novel that gets you at the edge of your seat. It carries the readers along in every action and thrill. You just can’t help but try to envision yourself in each scene. I also love the character development. Haatim seems like a nerd at first, but who knew he would stomach all that he saw? He went from that gentle person to someone who was mentally strong to face some things. And Abigail also, she’s an admirable, strong, resilient, and calculating character. She went from trusting no one to trusting Haatim, even with her life. The two of them are a match, and one can’t help but notice the tiny chemistry between them, though the author didn’t dwell on it.

The story is evidence of the author’s knowledge or research into theology and science because he wrote about methane toward the ending of the novel. Raven’s Peak is just the first book in the series. I’ll like to see more of Abigail and Haatim and find out what later happens to Aram Malhotra. We were only told a few things about him, which indicates there is more to him.

The story is a little fast-paced and contains some violent scenes. I’ll recommend that people who don’t like violence avoid it. It’s suitable for people who love fantasy and action stories.

Based on what I read and experienced while reading, I give Raven’s Peak a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It was edited well, as I couldn’t detect any errors. So, it’s safe to say it was exceptionally edited.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am currently reading this book and agree that it’s very fast-paced. So much so that i have had to put limits on my reading in order to get anything else done.
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

Seems like a delightful read. I especially love the summary of the book. This is definitely my preferred genre. Can't wait to read and review it. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Ibunyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibunyi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ibunyi »

Demon and vampire books, though interesting don't fascinated me more. I'm glad you enjoyed the book.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:

Post by Waliyat_24 »

Amy Luman wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 11:57 I am currently reading this book and agree that it’s very fast-paced. So much so that i have had to put limits on my reading in order to get anything else done.
You are right. It’s fast paced and very interesting. I didn’t regret picking it. Thanks!
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:

Post by Waliyat_24 »

honeybear_11001 wrote: 06 Jun 2022, 01:37 Seems like a delightful read. I especially love the summary of the book. This is definitely my preferred genre. Can't wait to read and review it. Thanks for the wonderful review.
It is worth the read. Thanks for the comment!
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:

Post by Waliyat_24 »

Ibunyi wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 04:20 Demon and vampire books, though interesting don't fascinated me more. I'm glad you enjoyed the book.
Thanks for commenting!🥰
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Raven’s Peak, by Lincoln Cole, is a mix genres, I enjoy this kind of book. Great review.
De law
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-de-law.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by De law »

Haatim and Abigail are both good leading characters that I will love to read about. I can't wait to see what happens during the supernatural clash.
Chris Walter Mason
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-walter-mason.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Chris Walter Mason »

This book is a mix genres, and it is my kind of book. Also, your review is superb. I will love to give this book a try. Great review.
Crabby69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crabby69.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Crabby69 »

The multifaceted plot of this book make me want to read it now. Well done on the review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”