Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigozie Nwaokike
Favorite Book: Cynthia and Dan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigozie-nwaokike.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Chigozie Nwaokike »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon: Kelly & Tom by Dorothy May Mercer is a fascinating story filled with many actions and real-life scenes. It talks about the impact of technology on human lives, society, and the security of a country. The book portrays the themes of terrorism, technology, patriotism, space, and teamwork.

The adrenalin-packed story is about a newly wedded couple; Sgt. Tom Turbulo and Kelly McBride. They were vacationing at an exotic resort in Honduras for their honeymoon. The exciting turns of events began when Kelly, who went on a bus tour with some vacationers, discovered a gift shop called The Pigsty. She made a shocking discovery when she couldn't see the store clerk after picking out some items for her family. She discovered that the shop was just a cover-up for a high–tech lab where a ruthless enemy was laying out a conspiracy to attack the USA. This discovery by Kelly leads Sgt. Tom Turbulo and some special service agents to further investigate the secret plans of the terrorists and how to foil their plans. Will the USA team discover the assumed foolproof plan of these terrorists? Will they successfully frustrate the goals of these terrorists? Will they unmask the hidden enemy of the USA? Read this exciting story to discover the intriguing turns of events.

I love the author's story-telling style; it is descriptive to the core with intense actions, suspense, and humor. The author has an in-depth knowledge of technology, space, geography, physics, and nuclear warfare. The story is well detailed, as you can visualize the scene as you read through the story. It exposes the possible ways technology can enhance terrorist attacks. The writer explained in detail the hideous mode of operation employed by terrorists. I admire the newlyweds, Kelly and Tom, who put the safety of their country first even while on honeymoon.

It exposes the significant impact of technology on the security of a country. The USA president, President Bigelow, is a leader with insight. The formation of the new space force was a great move by the president to improve the country's security. It has some relatable real-life events and persons. I admire the role played by the power couple, Major Sky Eastman and Cynthia Patterson Eastman. They are team players with in-depth knowledge of security matters. They are seasoned leaders who make decisive decisions even amid chaos. The scientific terminologies used in the book were accompanied by detailed explanations and pictures to give the reader an exciting experience.

I don't like the style of leadership exhibited by Dr. Lee, who was in charge of the JHG operation. He was a tyrant who ruled with an iron fist. Aside from that, there is nothing I dislike in the book.

The book is professionally edited. I observed a few errors, but that didn't stop me from having a joyous read. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to astronauts, security personnel, scientists, veterans, and lovers of action-packed stories.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

I enjoyed the romance, the action, and the mystery. I didn't really enjoy the character build up but it was an interesting book to read. It was also an educative book especially in the science area.
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

The personalized service and care provided by Dorothy May Mercer on Emp Honeymoon made us feel truly special.
David Samanthaa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

EMP Honeymoon is a captivating story that kept me hooked from start to finish. The mix of romance and post-apocalyptic elements is brilliantly executed.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”