Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is a book that provides insight on standing true to one's belief. The book contains the themes of freedom, patience, and relationship.

This memoir closely follows the author's life journey, who was a freedom fighter in his country, Algeria. He had great respect for individuals who did not share the same religious belief as his. Berrah was selfless in his quest to achieve peace. He embarked on a journey to France to further his education, but one vital thing that he set his mind on was to bring freedom to his country. During this time, Algeria was still being dominated by French colonial rule. The book accounts for the outcome and turmoil he encounters in his pursuit of freedom. It also reveals the ups and downs he faced in his relationship life. Read this book to know more about the hardship he faces and his role in ensuring peace in his country.

The author thoroughly considers the reader's understanding; he conveys his information using simple words. His writing skill is impressive and descriptive. Berrah shared his experience in a manner that intrigues the reader to know what comes after. There are several images placed within the pages to accentuate some of the information discussed. For instance, the author included his picture at a childcare facility to demonstrate his love for children and his belief in them.

I love the way every chapter has a title of its own; it opens the reader's mind to what is about to be revealed. Chapter eighth talks about the author's relationship with Titi, and just from the title, the reader is made aware that the issue of love is the subject matter. My favourite aspect of the book was when Antoinette intercepted a suitcase full of stamped vouchers that belonged to a rival party. It showcased women's bravery. Antoinette stood for what she believed in without allowing the consequence to overshadow her thoughts.

I enjoyed the chapter about the author's experience in America. It showcased the author's smartness. There is nothing I dislike about this book. While reading this book, I encountered a few punctuation and grammatical errors, but they did not hinder my reading process. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is insightful and gives the reader an avenue to explore their limits. Also, the book is well structured.

On a final note, I would recommend this book to individuals who desire to be an advocate for peace wherever they find themselves. This book will also appeal to people who want to fight for freedom.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I have read several reviews of this book and this is the only one I remember mentioning any images appearing within. This would give the reader a better glimpse into the author’s world, in my opinion.
Hakeem nuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hakeem-nuel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hakeem nuel »

The life journey of Ghoulem Berrah is an inspiring one. I enjoyed reading the book.
Elvischukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvischukwu.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Elvischukwu »

The book's exploration of the consequences of war and the healing power of forgiveness is both poignant and thought-provoking.
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

This book serves as a powerful reminder of the human desire for freedom and the lengths individuals and communities are willing to go to reclaim their autonomy.
JuliusOnyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusonyango.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by JuliusOnyango »

This book is very interesting
I enjoyed your review .I would want to to read the whole book myself.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”