Review of "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of "LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

[Following is a volunteer review of ""LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"" by Peter Simon Karp.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Logjam of a Beauteous Mind: An Infinitely Gentle Woman by Peter Simon Karp is the story of a gentle woman who battled terminal illness. Mona, in her mid-50s was diagnosed having a stage IV lung cancer which turned her life upside down. The doctor told her she still have six months to live. How will she spend her remaining days? Will she be able to survive and live longer? Read this book to find out.

What I like about the book is it is written in a very plainly manner. Peter Simon Karp used simple words that is easy to understand to the average readers. The book is a story of hope, love, compassion, and courage. The author's way of delivering the story makes the readers carried away. The book talks about Mona's journey of battling against lung cancer - she undergo chemo sessions, experience major side effects of medicines, depression, anxiety and feelings of hopelessness. The title of the book is quite intriguing, considering it takes a big part of the book story; what does Logjam of a Beauteous Mind mean?

Peter Simon Karp did a good job in telling the story to stays the readers up until the end. It is a book of a couple who help each other in the most challenging part of their life. Reading the book make you see how love expressed in a deeper way - love in good times and bad times.

In addition, it is a book presents hope to fight terminal illness. It is a book that portrays courage of a dying person, and a book of compassion in the midst of difficult times. The saddest part of the book is the ending story, and it was heartbreaking, and I was emotional. How worst it could be?

I don't see any disadvantage of the book. Though I spotted two typos, it didn't bother my reading experience at all. I had a smooth-read through to the end of the book. It is well-edited and there's no grammatical errors in it.

All these in consideration, the book deserved 4 out of 4 stars . I had a nice reading time because there was no trace of boredom.

The book is relatable to cancer patients and caregivers. People battling any illness would find this book inspiring. Also, lovers of memoirs will like this book, thus I recommend the book to these people.

"LOGJAM of a Beauteous MIND"
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

It seems like a beautiful story but I tend to stay away from these kinds of memoirs. It makes me sad. But thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book, Hazel.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 04:22 It seems like a beautiful story but I tend to stay away from these kinds of memoirs. It makes me sad. But thanks for sharing your thoughts on this book, Hazel.
Yes, it was a sad yet inspiring story. Nisha, I can't thank you enough.😍💛 I have a great morning today!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 23 Mar 2023, 18:19
Yes, it was a sad yet inspiring story. Nisha, I can't thank you enough.😍💛 I have a great morning today!
I'm glad you are having a great day. But, you don't have to thank me so much every time. Just accept it as a normal routine. :D
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”