Review of Shitolian

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Review of Shitolian

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Shitolian" by O Persaud.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Poetry, in my opinion, is a compilation of feelings and a collection of every phrase that depicts the writer's happiness or misery. Shitolian is the latter; the author has written it with great bitterness. Even the term "sh*t-hole-lian" foreshadowed how vulgar and sad the poem would become.

Shitolian, by O Persaud, is a 101-page poem collection with four primary topics and over 15 parts. Beginning with the theme "black and white drinking fountains," the book was able to discuss racism, the nature of humanity (particularly the unpleasant elements), and other abstract aspects of life. Despite being harsh, the author pointed out the underlying dark portions of the human mind, proving that not everything that glitters is gold.

One of my favourites is the part "the manufacturer" in the theme "the Creator" (with my favourites being "who made it", "the journey", "the creator", "the beast", and finally, "the manufacturer"). The part titled "the manufacturer" discussed how God already has a plan in store for each of us, but we end up deviating from it in some way or another. If you want to learn more about the other themes and aspects of the book, give it a try.

Shitolian is one of the most beautiful poems I've come across in a long time. The author doesn't try to make the phrases rhyme; instead, he expresses his feelings in the most dramatic way possible. Although it may be a toxic trait of mine, I was captivated by the poem's complexity; if not read from the heart, the words would appear as literal as they seem. This book was enjoyable from beginning to end, and I will most likely give it another try because it was so intriguing. "The colony" was the part I had the most trouble understanding. Even now, I don't understand that part. I'm hoping to do so on the second read.

Although the book contains many foul languages, it simply serves to emphasize one point: the author's rage while writing the poem. I couldn't think of anything negative to say about this book, and I couldn't think of anything I didn't like about it.

I rate the book four out of four stars. Not only did I not discover anything negative about the book, but it also did not contain any errors. As a result, it deserves the rating.

I highly recommend this book to those who love complex poetry and to those who wouldn't mind the profanities in the book.

Shitolian
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

Wowwww
Kyrian007

Post by Kyrian007 »

It seems like an interesting book that conveys a lot of morals and helpful ideas. I look forward to reading the book. Congrats on a great review.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

Kyrian007 wrote: 23 Jun 2022, 08:40 It seems like an interesting book that conveys a lot of morals and helpful ideas. I look forward to reading the book. Congrats on a great review.
Indeed, you should give the book a try. There is more to it than meets the eye.
Thanks for the comment.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

I do like the themes embedded in this book. However, I'm not a fan of complex writing or poetry, so I'm not too sure about reading this. Regardless, This is a nice review.
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

I am not a fan of poetry, so I might not pick up this book to read. Your review actually makes this book compelling and interesting to read. Nice review
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I'm not a fan of poetry, but I didn't regret reading this. The profanity was bothersome though. It all added to the awesomeness of the book.
Kyrian007

Post by Kyrian007 »

Your review is well appreciated. Shitolian is an interesting book made up of poems. These poems had a positive impact on me, I love the poems though I found some a bit confusing.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I don't really enjoy book on war, I don't find it interesting. I may not read the book but I enjoyed your review. Good job.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

This review is exciting to me as it makes me feel like reading poems right away.
Ukonu Rita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukonu-rita.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ukonu Rita »

Although the book seems to be filled with vulgar words and profanities, I would love to know more about the content it entails. Well done on the review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I never thought from the title that it is from the "sh*t-hole-lian" word. It makes sense. Thanks for your honest review.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”