Review of Last Words from Above

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Review of Last Words from Above

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Last Words from Above" by Jeremy Brown.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A magnificent book by Jeremy Brown is titled Last Words From Above: Medicine for the Spirit, simply known as Last Words from Above. The book is the seventh and last part of the author's series, as its title suggests. There were just three novels (the first three) that the author, Jeremy Brown, mentioned. For those of you who are interested in knowing what the other books are, they are: Formulas for Forty Days and Forty Nights, The Testimony of Satan, and Formulas for the Soul are the names of the first three books, respectively.

This book concentrates on the assumption that God does not love any of us individually. He cares for us all equally, as a father cares for his children, and He has faith that we will use the gifts He has given us to help and encourage one another instead of using them to compete against each other. The book is 177 pages long and has 2001 quotes in it. Although the 2001 quotes may seem like a lot, once you start reading them, you won't realize when you've finished. Give the book a try to find out more and understand the content. The things to be learnt are innumerable.

Last Words From Above captured my interest from start to finish. It was quite an insightful book. I picked up a lot of new knowledge from this book. There were a few quotes that I could connect with so well that I honestly believed the author was speaking directly to me. Have you ever had the feeling that something was fated to happen? I experienced that when reading this book. It seemed as though the book was awaiting my discovery and thorough reading. This book has captured my heart.

Although most of the quotes in the book emphasize the need to show one another love and support, it also speaks about money and how it isn't a bad idea to work and earn money (after all, no food for a lazy man), but it also says we shouldn't make money our master. I found several complex quotes, some of which I don't yet understand. Of all the 2001 quotes, there were two I loved so much. The first is the 507th quote, which states, "Love can cover a multitude of sins. Money can only cover up a multitude of sins." (A little confusing, right?). The second is the 1290th quote, which states, "When you get to heaven, would you feel comfortable telling God that you only believed in Him because you didn't want to go to hell?" (Hits hard, right?). These two quotes changed the way I looked at the world when I gave them some thought.

This book certainly stands out from the rest and hits the mark. It was a fascinating book. I found only one error throughout the book; it was at the very end of the book. I don't have anything negative to say besides that error. What amazes me is the author's claim that he got up at three in the morning to listen to and write the words that God said to him. It brought to mind a time when my mother had mentioned that three in the morning is a divine hour.

I rate the book four out of four stars. There was only one error in the book, as I've already said, and nothing else. As a result, it deserves the rating it received.

I highly recommend this book to people who wish to understand the ways of the righteous and want to draw closer to God.

Last Words from Above
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

It's true that God's love for us is equal regardless of our colour, age, size or race. Since the book is part of a series, I hope it can be read as a standalone.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

2001 quotes that is quite scary. But, I find it comforting when u mentioned that once I start reading I wouldn't even remember the numbers. I look forward to reading this book and drink from the knowledge it springs. Wonderful review, Welldone!!!
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

The fact that the book relates to God is what is going to make me read it. I would love to read those quotes also. Nice review I must say.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Books with quotes? It means they will be extraordinary. The genre is so different too. Thanks for an honest review!
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

A book made up of quotes seems interesting to me because I believe the author's goal is to educate us with various wise sayings about God rather than to display an interesting plot. Thank you for your thorough review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This is a good book to have on your shelve. I immediately made it one of the 'ten books you must read before you die' I am compiling. I need to get it.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I absolutely devoured this book. There were 60 quotes that I set aside and review periodically. I still have not figured out #1517—I may be getting close, though! :D
Thank you for your take on this read.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

This book sounds amazing but confusing also from your review. Although I'd like to read it, 2001 quotes sounds like a lot.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

God love us, no matter our color, gender or age. He has given us all we need and all we ask for. This is my kind of book. Good job.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

This book like an exceptional one, I can't wait to read it. The love of God is the ultimate, he created all things in love.
Ukonu Rita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukonu-rita.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ukonu Rita »

If these two out 2001 quotes are these mind wrecking, how much more the entire 2001 quotes. I'm compelled to give this book a try.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”