Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of Killing Abel

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Killing Abel is a historical fiction book by Michael Tieman. It portrays some of the major happenings in the Bible. It started with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden. They were tempted by the serpent to eat the fruit of knowledge, thus after, they became aware of themselves.The story continued until they got married and formed a family. Eve giving birth to Cain after the twelve daughters by the wisdom of God. It followed with the birth of Abel conceived by faith. Eva is the first born child, and supposedly married to the first born son but she didn't like Cain's character, and turned her attention to Abel. Abel is a man of discipline while Cain is the opposite. Cain is obsessed with the tree of knowledge in the garden while Abel is not. One day Cain convinced Abel to joined him to find the tree of knowledge. It happened they have a big misunderstanding, and ended up killing Abel. Eva grieve on it as a wife, and seek for revenge but when she search and find Cain, they ended up marrying with each other. Why it is happened? Read this book to find out.

The stories in the book are thrilling. But one thing that caused me to intrigued is about Cain's mark. Why God protected him after all he had done to Abel? What is the mark's contribution to Cain's life? What is Eva's life in living together with Cain? All this questions will be answered by reading this book.

The plot is in chronological order. Michael Tieman managed to tell the stories interestingly until the end of the book. I like how it is written because the author used simple words which is easy to comprehend by the average readers. He adds up interesting stories about Noah's original story in the bible. As a reader, he made me excite to read in the following chapters. The stories are captivating that no reason to lose interest to it. I enjoyed reading this book with easy to understand stories with a little twist. Quite honestly, this is my first time to read historical book and I'm glad I found this book. It piqued my interest, and will pick up the same genre next time.

There's nothing I dislike about the book. All the stories presented made my mind wander. It increased my imagination to a higher level with the following stories from the Bible. I appreciate the author in the last page of the book for his thoughtful words for God for writing the book. As a reader of the book, I would say Michael Tieman successfully turned me to level up my imagination and excitement towards the event being said in this book.

Aside from that, the book is exceptionally edited. I don't encounter any grammatical and typographical errors, thus it was an enjoyable smooth-read. Therefore, Killing Abel deserved 4 out of 4 stars.

As a result, I would like to recommend this book to lovers of Bible stories. It is for sure click with Christian readers because it tackles the stories of some important people in the Bible. But I would say it's not suitable for non-religious people because the content always portray the power and wisdom of God. This book is a good read to fiction book lovers as well. Indeed, it was worthwhile to read.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

The author is a good story writer. His imagination of the book of Genesis was interesting. But I didn't like that it wasn't factual. Some of his ideas sounded preposterous to me. Good review.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Mozi Ken wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 02:53 The author is a good story writer. His imagination of the book of Genesis was interesting. But I didn't like that it wasn't factual. Some of his ideas sounded preposterous to me. Good review.
Yes, I agree in part of Genesis. Some part of the story is confusing beyond my ability to understand like in Noah's story. But I appreciate the author of giving some interesting twist about the Bible.

I appreciate you Mozi Ken of giving a comment to my review. Thank you.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I am not sure I will like this book because of the twists you mentioned. Thank you for the review though.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:

Nisha DSouza wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 04:38 I am not sure I will like this book because of the twists you mentioned. Thank you for the review though.
I appreciate how the author expresses himself for the guidance from above on writing this fictional book. Thank you so much, Nisha! I appreciate YOU!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”