Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Review of Man Mission

Post by Not available anymore »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is a frictional book about the story of four men who established a tradition that every year, they had to go on an adventurous trip which included them doing an outdoorsy activity like hiking, kayaking, biking and trying out new food.

Initially, on the first trip only two men out of the four friends went to New Zealand hiking through a trail, and on the third trip the other two men joined and that birthed a fifteen years, Four Men and one epic adventurous journey. Their personal lives and how much they grew within those fifteen years. The book also explores themes like marriage, raising children, friendship and bonding, and most importantly having a positive attitude towards whatever comes your way in life.

The author, Eytan Uliel, who is a global traveler, did a great job in developing each character in the novel and describing each location vividly. One thing I like about Men Mission is how it covers the personal lives of these men from when they were single free guys to when they got married, their jobs and their lives as married men. I also like how explorative the book is covering aspects about the typical mind of a man and his adventurous spirit as well as being a father, the struggle that comes in having a new-born baby having to wake up multiple times at night and still go to work the next day I also like how it explores the real pressure a man feels to cater for his family by working even when he doesn't find fulfillment in it. I also love how each chapter begins with a quote and a bible verse.

I like how this book explores different cultures and countries taking us through their food and way of life; it touches a lot of countries from New Zealand to Japan to Spain to Thailand to South Korea and a lot more countries out of which the South Korea trip was my favorite. I also like how it addresses the real issues of men like how the man who was trapped in the daily routines of life and trying to make ends meet for his family found himself cheating on his wife and lying to cover up and eventually having to go through a divorce.

However, I didn't like the fact that it contains swear words, and though being realistic, I didn't like the way it portrays self-sex as a way out for a man who his wife, being a new mother is not interested in sex.

I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't rate it a perfect four because of the things I didn't like about it. But nevertheless it seems to be professionally edited and the vivid descriptions of the locations made it a nice read and the way it explores each culture made it exciting.

I recommend this book to mature readers, readers who will like to understand men and how their minds work, and readers with an adventurous mind and more particularly, men will enjoy this book.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

The author's development of his characters is just so appealing. I also love an exploration of different cultures and countries.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:

Precious Oba wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 16:03 The author's development of his characters is just so appealing. I also love an exploration of different cultures and countries.
Thanks for your comments :lol:
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Laney K »

This seems like it definitely has very interesting detailed characters.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:

Knitkat wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 17:53 This seems like it definitely has very interesting detailed characters.
Yes it does. Thanks for your comments :)
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I have read Man mission and I can say its one of my top 10 books. Men too face a lot but the system is designed for them not to express it. I enjoy reading your review welldone
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:

:) thanksforyourcomments
Oyedeji Funmilayo wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 15:09 I have read Man mission and I can say its one of my top 10 books. Men too face a lot but the system is designed for them not to express it. I enjoy reading your review welldone
IgnisRhapsody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignisrhapsody.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IgnisRhapsody »

You know? Your review seemed very honest. Almost all the reviews I have read say that the books are perfect. But you really put points for and against. I still like the theme of the book, I hope to read it soon. I feel your review is going to help me better appreciate the content more properly.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

I’ve read Man Mission and it’s one of my best book here. I really appreciate the plot and character developments. They are awesome. Great review!
Breedbee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breedbee.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Breedbee »

The author did a good job developing the characters. This is yet another book that reveals the ups and downs men face in a society that does not allow them to express their emotions. Great review
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83110
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1068%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

An adventurous fiction book .. while in college a group of four young men established a tradition that every year they take a week long adventure trip together.. hiking, bikini or kayaking traveling all around the world tyey called it man mission an annual ritual for over fifteen years
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

I love books with the theme of friendship and this is a good one. Wonderful job on the review.
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83110
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1068%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

The book is worth reading and tye review was way awesome
Versaty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-versaty.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Versaty »

The book did reminds and encourage us that there is no time that is too late to achieve the dream that is close to our heart. well done on the review
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

Man mission is an interesting book that explained the meaning of good friendship nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”