Review of Red Endures the Test of Time

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Review of Red Endures the Test of Time

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Red Endures the Test of Time" by Thomas Fullmer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Meet Red, an old red stable that once held magnificent horses but is now used as a barn to keep broken-down farm equipment and tools. For the wild creatures near the woods, such as sparrows, squirrels, cats, and barn owls, that use Red as a place for shelter. Even though Red had made these wild creatures his friends, he still felt lost and alone. But when a storm comes in the night, Red is determined to protect his friends who stay under his oak roof. Will Red be able to endure the stormy night and protect his friends? And will Red's dream to again shelter horses come true? Read Red Endures the Taste of Time by Thomas Fullmer to find out more.

This book was an interesting read. I loved how Thomas described Red's emotions and struggles. Even though Red was not able to talk or walk, the way the author described him was impressive. The illustrations in the book were pretty and colourful. Children would be able to point out the different animals that are shown in the colourful illustrations. The book would also expand the children's vocabulary and motivate them to learn more about the interesting animals introduced to them in the book. It would also teach children about friendship, courage, and to never lose hope. For example, Red never lost hope in his dreams, and he was also determined to protect his friends.

For the negative aspects, I would suggest that the author make some improvements in the writing style as some sentences were cut off in the middle and then repeated on the next page. This format of writing made the story lose its flow.

Red Endures the Taste of Time is an engaging and interesting read. I believe the book was professionally edited because I found some errors while reading it. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars for the above reasons.

I would gladly recommend this book to children from 6 to 10 years of age. Adults who enjoy reading children's books would also like to read this book. This book is an interesting read with colourful illustrations that will capture the children's attention.

Red Endures the Test of Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

It's interesting to read about the thoughts of buildings. I believe this book will be valuable to my kids because of the values mentioned in your review. Thanks for the recommendation.
Ndagire Hassifah1

Oluwapelumi Rachael wrote: 19 Jul 2022, 19:05 It's interesting to read about the thoughts of buildings. I believe this book will be valuable to my kids because of the values mentioned in your review. Thanks for the recommendation.
Surely it is really interesting. Thanks for commenting.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It is interesting to think of inanimate objects having feelings. Children’s literature, however, often uses this technique to engage the minds of he young. I find it fascinating.
Ndagire Hassifah1

Amy Luman wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 15:37 It is interesting to think of inanimate objects having feelings. Children’s literature, however, often uses this technique to engage the minds of he young. I find it fascinating.
It was really impressing. Thanks for the commenting.
Chinemezu Okafor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinemezu-okafor.html
Latest Review: Doctor in the World by Hiram Baddeley

Post by Chinemezu Okafor »

I must say I have not thought of lifeless objects as having feelings. This is quite refreshing and I look forward to Red's experiences and emotions as portrayed in the book. Thank you for a well-written review, definitely sparked my interest.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

One of the reasons why I like children's books is because of his everything is made alive. I hope Red achieves his dream. I would enjoy reading this book. Thanks for an interesting review.
Ndagire Hassifah1

Chinemezu Okafor wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 05:28 I must say I have not thought of lifeless objects as having feelings. This is quite refreshing and I look forward to Red's experiences and emotions as portrayed in the book. Thank you for a well-written review, definitely sparked my interest.
Thanks for dropping by and commenting pal.
Ndagire Hassifah1

Ozioma Miriam wrote: 22 Jul 2022, 12:23 One of the reasons why I like children's books is because of his everything is made alive. I hope Red achieves his dream. I would enjoy reading this book. Thanks for an interesting review.
I'm glad you would like to read this book. I hope you will enjoy reading it. Thanks for the reply.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

These kinds of books, the ones that give thoughts and feelings to everything, teaches children to be mindful and open minded. Thanks for your great review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Ndagire Hassifah1

C Janet wrote: 27 Jul 2022, 06:24 These kinds of books, the ones that give thoughts and feelings to everything, teaches children to be mindful and open minded. Thanks for your great review!
I really appreciate you for the comment, thanks.
Abu_Aisha1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

I have also read this book and I agree with you about the themes of the book. However, I noticed that the colour of the painting does not match some of the author's description which I think could do some damage to children's sense of colour. Thank you for an amazing review!
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

This is good to know, the author of this book has an exceptional writing style, I love your review. Weldon.
Ndagire Hassifah1

Abu_Aisha1 wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 08:41 I have also read this book and I agree with you about the themes of the book. However, I noticed that the colour of the painting does not match some of the author's description which I think could do some damage to children's sense of colour. Thank you for an amazing review!
I'm glad you agree with me about the themes. I appreciate you comment.
Ndagire Hassifah1

Nwaka Chukwuemeka wrote: 07 Aug 2022, 04:25 This is good to know, the author of this book has an exceptional writing style, I love your review. Weldon.
That's true, the author writing style was exceptional. Thanks for the comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”