Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: The Natural Guard by Michael L. Chapla

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A journey to see the world from a boat with your loved ones will definitely be a great experience. Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is a memoir that contains all the fun of family bonding and adventure on the sea.

Tina had spent years in college studying to become a real estate broker. She landed a lucrative job at a young age but was not comfortable at work because of the perverts and bullies that harassed her sexually. Her pursuit of money and a comfortable life made her a victim of sexual assault. When she met Peter, her whole life changed. Peter was the man of her dreams, and saying yes to him was saying yes to all the promises he had made to show her around the world. They got married and had two boys. Together they sailed round the world. This journey served as both a bonding opportunity and an adventure for the family.

This was an honest and entertaining memoir. The stories were very relatable and engaging. The characters were fun and very lively. The writing style used in this book was superb. The writer made me have a vivid imagination of all that she was saying. She described every event in this book so well that I longed to be on an adventure with them. This book was very educational and motivational. The writer addressed some societal and personal issues she faced and how she overcame them. This will definitely serve as an inspiration to readers facing the same issues.

The continuous flashbacks were the only thing I disliked about this book because it affected my flow while reading. I suggest that the author create a separate section or chapter for the flashbacks. Aside from this, I completely enjoyed this piece. These adventures were scary and fun to read. I loved the inclusion of pictures in this book because they helped me create a clearer image of what the author had in mind.

I am gladly rating this book 4 out of 4 stars because it sounded very real. I also gave this book because it was fun to read. Most memoirs tend to bore readers, but this one was different. It had a quality that would keep you glued to it till the last page. This book was also void of any sort of errors, which shows that it was exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to lovers of adventures and voyages. I also recommend this book to anyone who hopes to travel around the world one day. This book can serve as a suitable guide for dos and don’ts. 

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

I'm glad she was able to cope even after being sexually abused. She also came out strong after having a miscarriage. I read this book and was proud I did.
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

It's hard to come across an interestingly written memoir. Tina Dreffin surely deserves a thumbs up for doing a perfect job. You also deserve some accolades for giving a critical analysis of the book.
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

A heartwarming adventure memoir expressed with a lot of emotion. I'm really glad you enjoyed and felt every themes the author explore in this book. Nice review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I have not read this book, but I have read many reviews of it. I understand that Tina and her husband embarked on their journey with two teenage boys. I know from experience that this would be far from relaxing.
IconReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iconreviews.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by IconReviews »

Living on the ocean must be very adventurous and full of excitement. The author seemed to have done a good job with this memoir. I would like to read it. Thanks for the review
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

I've always loved sailing, so I'm sure I'd enjoy this book. What a life the author must experience, living on the high seas! I'm really excited to read about the adventure in Africa. Thanks for the review.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

Tina is an interesting character to read about. This book comes with a lot of mixed feelings. I was intrigued by the way Africa was described it felt so real. Thanks for this thoughtful review.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

Living on the high sea must be quite an adventure. I would love to read the book to find out more on how the experience was. I, however, cannot imagine myself going for that kind of adventure. Thank you for this review.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

Bluewater Walkabout was such an amazing read. I must commend Tina Dreffin for including such horrific experience of her life into this work. It can be a stepping stone for victims to open up about their past incident.
wmeki510
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wmeki510.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by wmeki510 »

Sexual assault is one of the horrible experiences some women have had. I feel for Dreffin. But I am happy she married the love of her heart, who loved her back, and with whom she embarked on lovely travels.
Paulette Reefer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paulette-reefer.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Paulette Reefer »

The review certainly makes this book seem nothing short of an amazing read for lovers of adventure.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

Their trip to Kruger Park in South Africa was thrilling, intriguing, and enlightening. I think Tina is a woman with so much strength. Nice review.
Amarachi Nwankwo03
Currently Reading: Summer Showers
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amarachinwankwo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Amarachi Nwankwo03 »

Brilliant book. I am currently reading it and loving it too. One thing I would say is that Tina inspires us, through her daring adventures to take every opportunity to live the life of our dreams. I liked this story a lot and would recommend.
Thera reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Thera reads »

Adventure can push you out of your comfort zone and help you discover new things about yourself.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”