Review of Last Words from Above

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BruceP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brucep.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Review of Last Words from Above

Post by BruceP »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Last Words from Above" by Jeremy Brown.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I loved reading Last Words From Above: Medicine for the Spirit, a powerful spiritual book. It receives a rating of 3 out of 4 stars from me. Jeremy Brown, the author, has been chronicling his spiritual growth since he was a little child. He recounts numerous incidents from his past that helped shape who he is now. The creator of the universe and humanity is mentioned in the preface of this book by the author.

The author claims that all the Creator needs from his people is their trust. This indicates that trust is essential to the relationship between the Creator and the people. The author also clearly outlines the two key obstacles that many people have in accessing their trust in its entirety. Jeremy Brown also describes how difficult his journey has been, but he is adamant about finishing it. This book has a lot of quotes. They are 2001 quotes.

This book's content was written in a style that will likely motivate lots of people. I gave the book a rating of 3 out of 4 stars, primarily because of its inspirational content and appealing presentation. Professional editing was also done on the book. From the first page to the last, I was unable to find any errors. It was a quick read, taking me only a few hours to finish and understand the content.

I liked the book's introduction the most because it was both succinct and in-depth. The author only used a few pages to compose it, making it short. Furthermore, it was extensive because it contained a ton of relevant information. The only thing about this book that I didn't like was that the author merely stated the quotes. He could have, in my opinion, provided some explanations to make it easier to understand.

This book has a lot of quotes, as was already mentioned. The quote numbered 1992 was one of the ones I liked the most. It discusses figuring out how to make each day beautiful. The idea of numbering the quotes in this book was also a wonderful one. It amply demonstrates the author's creativity and dedication in crafting this fantastic book.

Although this is a religious book, the author has to work on making the cover more appealing. The writing was excellent and simple to read. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys religious stories. The author's spiritual path and the quotes will fascinate and educate them.

Last Words from Above
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
BruceP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brucep.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by BruceP »

I'm glad that you also loved reading this book. I read it, and I enjoyed it as well. The subject of the book is informative.
KafeliKe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kafelike.html
Latest Review: The Party Line by Dennis D. Gagnon

Post by KafeliKe »

This sounds like a great book. I will also look for it and read it. Thanks for offering this insightful review.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I am intrigued by the numbering of the quotes and their relevance. Your review was interesting.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Exactly the kind of books I love. Thanks for the detailed review.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 312
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Anxiety and Depression by Lillyin Love

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I actually liked the cover of the book; it's unique! I don't read non-fiction, so I'll probably be skipping this book, but I really enjoyed reading your review.
Jê hii
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnnn-g.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Jê hii »

Everything about this book is okay except the cover design. The author could have done better.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

This book sounds like one I'd like to read, though the number of quotes gives me pause. The cover does seem intriguing to me, but I agree some might find it not attractive enough.
Thanks for the great review. I might give the book a try.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”