Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by Kasun Perera »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We all have dreams. Sometimes we possess really big dreams. But the majority of us just keep them to ourselves even without revealing them to anyone. Why do we do so? That is simply because of fear. We are afraid of failing. We are afraid of loosing. We are afraid of humiliation. Does this description apply to you? Do you want to come out of your comfort zone and go after your dreams? Then this is the book for you, Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Throughby Jeff Meyer. As the topic elaborates, this book is about removing all your fears and taking out your full potential. So you will be able to dream bigger, execute bigger, and achieve bigger.

I have seen many self-help books that address this matter. But this book is different. And it is unique in several ways. Usually books are not tailor-made. But the author of this book lets the reader to choose what is necessary as per the requirements and character qualities of the reader. Are you uncertain about your own issues? Even then, do not worry since the author guides you towards self-understanding as well. Are you in doubt that this will be a difficult read since it discusses a deep subject? Do not worry at all. The author has written this using simple English. And he has written it in a story-like manner, so you will never get bored. The author has included his very own experiences, as well as the experiences of his clients (the author is an entrepreneur) which are related to the subject. So, it is easy for the reader to relate the content of the book to their lives.

The biggest issue regarding self-help books is the difficulties that the readers face when they try to apply the teachings in to the actual world. Most of the times, 'it is easier said than done'. But this author has considered that as well. Each chapter contains a 'Try this' section, which allows the reader to practically apply what he/she read in the chapter. That was the feature that I liked most. The editing of the book was done exceptionally well, and I found no errors.

There was only one thing that I disliked about this book, and it was quite an issue which made me to reduce a star from my rating. The book was not meant to be read from cover to cover. The author has given the reader the freedom to choose the chapters that are necessary, read them, and if necessary re-read them. But my copy came without an index. So I was deprived of that privilege.

So, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. The book is written with the backing of Christian teachings. But the open-minded readers who want to get rid of their fears and achieve their goals will definitely be benefited from this book. But if you specifically do not prefer religious stuff, I recommend you not to try this book.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I like that the author makes his recommendations easy to accomplish and applies to a simple writing style. I am OK with religious background of the book and think I would like it. Thank you very much for this great review!
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

A book that talks about removing all your fears and taking out your full potential should make a great read though I'm not sure this is for me. Thanks for a great review anyway.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

This is a book that I read some time ago. Though it felt like more preaching and less inspiring, I think I can agree with some of the points that you mentioned. Good job
Abu_Aisha1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

I fall into the category of people who fears failing. However, the difference is that I have left my comfort zones many times to chase my dreams. I like the theme of the book. Thank you for an amazing review!
Kasun Perera

Post by Kasun Perera »

Ellylion wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 08:55 I like that the author makes his recommendations easy to accomplish and applies to a simple writing style. I am OK with religious background of the book and think I would like it. Thank you very much for this great review!
It is good to hear that you are not offended by the religious references. You will love this book . Thank you for the kind appreciation.
Kasun Perera

Post by Kasun Perera »

Ceeco2002 wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 12:29 A book that talks about removing all your fears and taking out your full potential should make a great read though I'm not sure this is for me. Thanks for a great review anyway.
This book is not for all, I agree. But yes it has a great potential. Thank you for reading and commenting.
Kasun Perera

Post by Kasun Perera »

Abu_Aisha1 wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 01:32 I fall into the category of people who fears failing. However, the difference is that I have left my comfort zones many times to chase my dreams. I like the theme of the book. Thank you for an amazing review!
As you have left your comfort zone several times, it seems like you have already accomplish the first part of this book. This will be a great help for you. Thank you for reading and commenting.
Eriikeoluwa Nimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriikeoluwa-nimi.html
Latest Review: The Three Heavens by Paul Hitchiner

Post by Eriikeoluwa Nimi »

I really love the title of this book and I have come to realize that dreaming is not enough but execution matters. This is a great review
Mildred Echesa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mildred-echesa.html
Latest Review: Catch A Raven by Kirro Burrows

Post by Mildred Echesa »

Removing all your fears seems a bit scary but I guess this book guides you through it and one archives success at the end of it. Th aksnfir the interesting review.
Poetic Justice
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

A self-help book like no other. This book has a special meaning to it and makes its readers understand that we are all made up of something unique and we are the ones to either build up or break down our hope for a better life.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Kasun Perera

Post by Kasun Perera »

Unique Eriik13 wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 01:57 I really love the title of this book and I have come to realize that dreaming is not enough but execution matters. This is a great review
Dreaming is good. But execution gives you real results. Thank you for the kind appreciation.
Kasun Perera

Post by Kasun Perera »

Sarah1738 wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 02:25 Removing all your fears seems a bit scary but I guess this book guides you through it and one archives success at the end of it. Th aksnfir the interesting review.
If you can get rid of your fears, great opportunities will automatically come. Thank you for stopping by.
Kasun Perera

Post by Kasun Perera »

Chimereucheya O wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 17:36 A self-help book like no other. This book has a special meaning to it and makes its readers understand that we are all made up of something unique and we are the ones to either build up or break down our hope for a better life.
Quite correct. Ultimately it all depends on you. Thank you for reading and commenting.
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

I loved reading this review. It looked to be speaking to me. Fear has actually made me avoid making so many decisions in life. I look forward to reading this book so as to overcome it. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”