Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cumming relates the story of four admirable ladies who went fly fishing. Rose, Sophie, Amanda, and Veronica are the four ladies; they each have different life goals, but their love and friendship bond them together to work toward a single goal. Rose, the oldest woman in the group, teaches the other women the fundamentals of fly fishing. Sophie, the proprietor of a farm business, is the first woman to become attached to Rose before other women do. These four women stop a drowning youngster named Melody during one of their excursions. What happens to Melody once she is saved? To find out more, get a copy.

True friendship is among the beautiful things in life. Friendship changes the way you view the world. I now have a wider perspective on how to create lasting connections with people, regardless of their individual characteristics, thanks to this book. My sense of being in the adventure is heightened by Michelle's skill at description. The author offers each character a distinct voice and eloquently describes how they differ from one another, which results in well-developed characters. The plot is interesting. It was challenging to put the book down. This book contains a wealth of intriguing and instructive information for readers. Although fly fishing is the main plot element, the book focuses more on a group of gorgeous women whose lives are intertwined with fly fishing.

The widow Rose, who acts as a mother figure to the three women and the small child who is saved from drowning, is my favorite character. Everyone who reads The Reel Sisters will become emotionally invested in the story's intriguing, perceptive, and heartfelt themes. The importance of friendship and interpersonal abilities in fostering stronger relationships is one of the aspects of this book that I appreciated the most. My attention was amazingly drawn to the women's kind efforts to both save the young girl and integrate her into the group while doing so. I thoroughly liked reading every chapter of the book, and I must applaud the author and editor for their wonderful work in making it a compelling read.

Nothing about this book bothers me. My perspective on relationships has altered as a result of reading it, and the author's writing is excellent. I really loved this book, and if it could be turned into a series in the future, I would be thrilled. Since it has helped me understand the proper actions to take in order to build quality connections, I'm happy to give this book four out of four stars. The book is exceptionally edited, and there are no errors in it.

I recommend adults, especially women who are keen to learn new things and fly fishing, to read this fascinating book. Because the book has a lot of material and a list of questions, I think book clubs or other organizations should use it.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

I like that this is a beautiful story of friendship between women. I have never heard about flyfishing before so I'm very interested in reading this book. This is a nice review.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

Fishing is a good way to bong with people. From your review I see this book is about women bonding a d getting to know each other. I might read it. Nice review.
WriteOn
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writeon.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by WriteOn »

My perspective on relationships has altered as a result of reading it, and the author's writing is excellent. I really loved this book, and if it could be turned into a series in the future, I would be thrilled. Since it has helped me understand the proper actions to take in order to build quality connections,
You've got me hooked! Sorry, it had to be said. Your statement shows just how engaging and life-affirming this story is. I hope to read it, especially because I used to go fly fishing with my late father. Thank you for your insightful and inspiring review Nwaka Chukwuemeka.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

I always enjoy reading books about friendship. This is seems like such a beautiful story, I’ll be checking this out. Thanks for writing an honest and detailed review.
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

It is beautiful to see women bonded together like this. I look forward to reading this book to see how these ladies built their bonds and learn more about the sport of fly fishing. Great review.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I like books with friendship themes. They remind me of what friendship should entail in our society, where snitches are everywhere. Your review is interesting.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

It’s a mystery how strangers could bond and become friends and this friendship could last for ages. Great review
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 343
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: The Witchdoctor Paradox by Barry Tyrrell
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I also read and enjoyed this book. I liked how each of the women were so different and tolerant of each other.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

Teaching people to tolerate and respect others' differences and still become friends is an admirable trait. I think I would enjoy reading this novel. Thanks for an interesting and informative review!
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

It's amazing how friendship can unite people. I've always yearned for lasting and good friendship which we all know doesn't come easy. I would like to read this book to improve on how I interact and make friends. Thank you for this review.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

I so much love this book. The friendship between these five women, who are brought together by reel fishing, is admiring. It’s a pity it ended the way it is. Great review!
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Your review is detailed and interesting. The value of relationship & friendship can't be left out in this present day. I look forward to reading the book. Welldone!!!
Oluwabiyi Israel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwabiyi-daniel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oluwabiyi Israel »

I enjoy books about friendship and bonding. You hardly see a book about fishing these days. Great review.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

True Friendship is such a great thing to have. Human beings were nit built for loneliness and a book about how to foster friendship is worth reading.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”