Review of Bambara

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of Bambara

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bambara" by Joseph Eidelberg.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bambara by Joseph Eidelberg is a wonderful non-fiction book that describes the origins of the Bambara language as an ancient Hebrew language spoken by the Bambara tribe in the Republic of Mali, which is north of the Ivory Coast. This book exposes the relationship between the Bambara language, the Israelites and Japanese culture. The author started this book by narrating his strange avocation of going to visit and see places where people devote their lives to religion now and then. Joseph Eidelberg further explained his interest in traveling as well as his deep interest in the Bible and other ancient historical sources and events.

I enjoyed reading every chapter of this book. There are so many things I like about this book. The author did a great job of thoroughly researching his findings before publishing. In this book, the author stated his findings and was able to back them up with relevant references from history as well as the Bible. I admire the author's style of writing. It was clear and straightforward. I could easily relate to it. I also loved how the author arranged the chapters, illustrations and tables. Examples of illustrations featured in this book include the illustration of Moses in command of the Nile Dam destruction, the route the Israelites took from Egypt to Canaan, the Israelites in front of Mount Sinai and a couple of other illustrations. I like how the author used beautiful images and maps to explain these illustrations and other facts highlighted in this book.

This is a great historical book filled with numerous facts and findings by the author, Joseph Eidelberg. However, after reading this book thoroughly, I can say that there is nothing I dislike about it. Although I noticed just a very few typographical errors in this book, it did not prevent me from enjoying it.

Bambara is an interesting historical book. I enjoyed reading every bit of it. I also got to learn some historical facts about Israel, Japanese culture and some other African countries. I also noticed that this book was thoroughly proofread and edited. I only noticed two typographical errors while reading this book. Therefore, I would gladly rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

I would recommend this book to history lovers. I would also recommend this book to people who would like to find out about the relationship that exists between African history, the Hebrew tribe and Japanese culture. This book would also serve as a good tool for people interested in learning the Japanese language and the ancient Hebrew language.

Bambara
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

Your review if this book is captivating. It makes me want to pick up this book to read. There are numerous facts to learn from this book. I would love to read this book.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

I think I'll learn a lot from this book. It sounds like language research. Bambara? I've never heard of a language like that before. Good review
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

This review is well detailed and the book well summarized. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this book and for being honest with it. By the way, congratulations on having your review published. I look forward to reading this book myself.
Dauria04
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

This seems like an interesting book filled with well-researched findings. Thank you for your review.
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

This is the first time I'm hearing of the Bambara language. I look forward to knowing more about its origin and people. Nice review.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

I look forward to reading about the historical facts present in this book. It's great to see this carefully written review. I love the details you've provided about the book. Your review has done justice to this book. Nice one!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”