Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayesha Ameera Memon
Currently Reading: Culture Jock
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-ameera-memon.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by Ayesha Ameera Memon »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer is a self-help book meant to help readers find their true purpose. Meyer believes that humans are sent to this earth to realise and fulfil their dreams. However, many are unsuccessful in doing so due to fear of failure. Therefore, Meyer brings readers all the tools they need to realise their true potential, in Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute.

I enjoyed many aspects of this book. One of these is the friendly conversational style in which the book is written. Self-help books can often feel daunting, but Meyer ensures that with this novel, readers have a step-by-step guide to help them find their true purpose. This consists of simple and practical exercises which help increase productivity and hone one’s skills. These exercises also help reduce anxiety when performing important tasks, thus preventing fear of failure and disappointment from getting in the way of realising one’s true potential. Meyer’s tips help readers dream big while facing their fears, thus instilling self-awareness in those pursuing their goals.

The novel is divided into two main sections. The first section is to help readers discover their dreams and the second is to help them fulfil said dreams. Each section has smaller chapters within. Each chapter is only a few pages long, making it easy to read and get through. This leads me to one of my favourite aspects of this book. The fact that the chapters are not in sequential order and can be read at any point is extremely helpful. This makes the book feel more like a general guide rather than an instruction manual. Readers can choose which topic draws them most and what they need help with and jump straight to the chapter dealing with that topic.

I also found this novel to be exceptionally well-edited. I found no grammar or spelling errors and this improved my overall enjoyment of this book.

I would rate this novel a 3 out of 4 stars. I found it to be extremely helpful. However, I do feel like certain aspects of it limit its use and effectiveness.

The only thing that hindered my enjoyment of this novel was the exclusively Christian way it was written. Biblical quotes and specific tips directed to Christian leaders within this book, at times leave little space for readers wanting to achieve a different purpose. Therefore, my only criticism of this book would be its inherently religious nature. Some may not be extremely comfortable with this and so, I would recommend this book exclusively to Christians who need to find their way. The religious references may be motivating for them and hence, encourage them to realise this dreams and work towards their goals.

Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

Self-help books are totally not my cup of tea. That being said, your review might have just convinced me.
it is what it is ....
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Dream big and execute is one of the book I have read that encouraged me to push ahead no matter the condition. Great review.
Ayesha Ameera Memon

readinginahammock wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 04:34 Self-help books are totally not my cup of tea. That being said, your review might have just convinced me.
I’m glad my review was helpful to you! Thanks for the comment!
Ayesha Ameera Memon

Nwaka Chukwuemeka wrote: 09 Aug 2022, 09:22 Dream big and execute is one of the book I have read that encouraged me to push ahead no matter the condition. Great review.
I’m so glad you agree! Thanks for stopping by!
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

I have reviewed this too, and I agree that mentioning about the religious teachings were overwhelming at times more than occasional. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”