Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Essy Nma
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essy-nma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Essy Nma »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It pays to live in peace and harmony. It usually protects the interest of one another. Support and collaboration in many things will become easy.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi narrates a story about Inca and his fellow Cat detectives. Inca, Fromage, Cara, and Charlotte belong to one human mom called Missy. Missy treats them with love and care.

A cooking school invited Missy to be one of the judges in Seoul. Here, she will judge the culinary skills of South and North Korean chefs. Also, she will show how she made her tasty cheese. All of a sudden, the cheese got missing. Inca and fellow Cat detectives had to find who the thief was. Will they be successful? Their South Korean host, Ye-Jun, has a dog named Baram. Baram is not happy because Bo-Min now lives with the human master, Ji in North Korea. Inca wants to help out but there is a problem. The borders can't be crossed because of a war between South and North Korea. They were still determined to bring Bo-Min back to Baram. How successful will they be in their search?

There were many things I liked about this book. The themes explored are interesting. The themes of family life, support, friendship, peace, and fear fitted so well into the plot. The book is number 8 in the series but it can be read and enjoyed as a standalone. This is because the author explained each character from the beginning. It was easy to connect their names at first reading. The illustrations and pictures used in each chapter made it exciting. It allowed me to understand the feelings and emotions of the characters better. It was written in plain language to the extent I enjoyed every bit. The pace and suspense are suited together with the plot.

There is nothing that I disliked about the book. It was exceptionally edited that I was left with no other option than to give it four out of four stars. I would recommend this book to pet lovers. This is because of how pets are treated with love and care by their owners. Children from 10 years below will find this book interesting because of the language and themes explored. It is equally good for bedtime stories.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Reawakening the magic volume 1 by Claire De Voyant

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

This is such a fascinating read actually. Your review is a great one. Thanks.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”