Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout is a book written by Tina Dreffin. It provides the details of the adventurous journey the writer and her family underwent by sea to Africa. Right from a young age, Tina always loved adventures; let's say that it was her passion. She moved on with her life while waiting for the right time to commence the adventures. Tina had beautiful memories growing up, but she also had heartbreaking experiences that harmed her mental health; all of the guys she fell in love with sexually abused her. For someone who experienced rape multiple times, she ended up thinking that true love would not find her. As fate would have it, she met Peter, who genuinely cared for and loved her. Their beautiful love story began and made them end up as life partners. Years into their marriage, they decided to embark on an adventurous journey. Would wild animals counter them? Or would they experience a smooth journey? All these and more are revealed in this book.

A patient dog, they say, eats the fattest bone. Tina was patient enough to wait for the right man to come into her life. Having a partner with the same passion and goals as you gives one the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. You'll just know that you won't lack any support from him or her in things that pertain to your growth. Peter's passion strongly resonated with Tina's own; the result of this was seen as he made her longtime desire to undergo an adventurous journey come to a reality. Assuming that he had a different passion, it wouldn't have been so easy for her to achieve her goals.

Adventures are soul-lifters; they make one appreciate the beauty of nature. You get to see how life outside of your comfort zone is. All these experiences tend to shape you into a better person. After Tina and her family completed the semi-final stage of the adventure, she became seriously ill. Instead of allowing herself to fall into depression, she decided to focus on the positive aspects of her life and the beautiful memories she made from the adventurous journey. From this, I learned that one should always strive to make him or herself happy, even in difficult situations. 

This book was so inspiring. I didn't find any aspects that I disliked. Tina's story touched me; I kept imagining how she must have felt after she was diagnosed with a life-threatening ailment shortly after she and her family planned to visit the last location. She amazed me with the way she pulled through and became a survivor. This book was also professionally edited. Hence, I give it a rating of four out of four stars

I recommend it to individuals who love to read adventurous books, people who love going on adventurous journeys, people who are sick, and loved ones of people passing through one health challenge or the other because the content of this book would fascinate them.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I saw courage in the adventure of the author. Not many people can have the mind to sail from South Africa down to America just for fun. The book has a lot of good life lessons and is a very good read.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

This book was sensational and evoked the right emotions in me. I loved the details about their travels and adventures, it felt like I was there with them. Excellent review.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

Tina Dreffin wrote this book with people like in mind. I love adventure stories a lot and even more when it's non-fictional. Even when she knew how dangerous their journey could be, she continued. Her love for adventures were over the line. Your review made the book even more exciting. Thanks for this.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

What thing I like about this book is Tina's ability to forget the past quickly and move on also the adventures in this book are appealing.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

I enjoyed reading this novel. The adventures taken by Tina and her family makes me wish for one. Nice review!
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I enjoyed reading your review and have learnt the therapy power of embarking on adventure. Wonderful review, Welldone
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

This is a beautiful love story between Tina and Peter. I would like to read more about their lives together and their adventures on the seas. Thanks for recommending such an amazing story.
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

Adventures are wonderful and your review touched me. It makes me want to have a read. Great job.
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

The author's love of adventure and exploration is often evident in these memoirs.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”