Review of Killing Abel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CrossK
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Review of Killing Abel

Post by CrossK »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The first few chapters of Genesis contain well-known stories, such as how man was created, the fall of Adam and Eve, the story of Cain and Abel, and the Flood. As stated in the Bible, God created Adam and Eve to demonstrate His great glory. However, their disobedience caused them to be exiled from Eden by God. Sent out into the world, Adam and Eve gave birth to numerous children and ensured the continuation of the human race.

While examining or reading these biblical stories, questions regarding what happened during the gaps in between these events often spring to mind. What happened during the years of Adam and Eve's procreation? How were they able to raise their children? What attitude did Cain exhibit before killing Abel? And what were the possible conversations between the characters in Genesis? Killing Abel by Michael Tieman logically answers these questions by giving a valid interpretation and imaginative account of what may have occurred during the time gaps in the Bible.

This book has a lot of positive aspects. Throughout my course of reading, I discovered a few errors, which prove that this book was professionally edited. The author's writing style and manner of storytelling are also very commendable. His choice of words and language were suitable, understandable, and coherent. One of the qualities of this book that makes it worth reading is its elaboration. The author was able to describe the characters and events in detail.

The author gives a detailed and clear explanation of the genuine reason behind the punishment and curse of Adam and Eve, the origin of sacrifice, God's reason for protecting Cain, and His purpose in instructing Noah to build an ark. He also carefully analyzed his creative version of what happened during the gaps without disregarding or deviating from the original biblical stories. He does this by referencing Bible verses that promote the authenticity of this book. I could not help but notice the subheadings in this text. These gripping and compelling subheadings will ensure the contents underneath them are thoroughly read and evaluated.

I do not have anything negative to say about this book. This is an exciting and eye-opening historical fiction that has more to offer than its title suggests and deserves a wide readership. Michael Tieman succeeds in giving better insight into God's forgiving nature. At the end of this book, the reader will learn about the rewards of blameless and repentant behavior and the consequences of rebellion, disobedience, and betrayal. Due to the above reasons, I rate this book four out of four stars. I recommend this book to people who love biblical stories.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

I agree with you that Killing Abel is an exciting and eye-opening historical fiction that has more to offer than its title suggests and deserves a wide readership. Great review!
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

I have always had various questions I have wanted to ask about various stories in the Bible and various gaps that seemed to exist in them. This makes me more eager to pick up this book and peruse through it. Great review and well done.
Alexander C Schmoock
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

The first few chapters of Genesis contain well-known stories, such as how man was created, the fall of Adam and Eve, the story of Cain and Abel, and the Flood. I have always had questions about these stories. Great review.
Ebele Ekelobi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

The author carefully analyzed his creative version of what happened during the gaps without disregarding or deviating from the original biblical stories. This was important for a book like this.
Prosper2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prosper2000.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Prosper2000 »

I have seen many reviews of this book and it has been described as an exciting and eye-opening historical fiction that has more to offer than its title suggests and deserves a wide readership. Great review.
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

The author gives a detailed and clear explanation of the genuine reason behind the punishment and curse of Adam and Eve. Wonder how the author was able to deduce this. Great review here.
Nwoko E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwoko-e.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nwoko E »

The gripping and compelling subheadings will ensure the contents underneath them are thoroughly read and evaluated. That is definitely a positive for this book. Great review and can't want to read this book.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

The author carefully analyzed his creative version of what happened during the gaps without disregarding or deviating from the original biblical stories. This was important for a book of this nature. Great review.
Okorji98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okorji98.html
Latest Review: The Reason Under fire by Abdulmouti Souwed

Post by Okorji98 »

The first few chapters of Genesis contain well-known stories, such as how man was created, the fall of Adam and Eve, the story of Cain and Abel, and the Flood. Great book that covers all these great stories.
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: Words of Wisdom: INSPIRING QUOTES for Everyone by Sharef Flounoy

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

This book will forever be one of the best I've read on OBC. Even I have never questioned or thought about the need for the Bible to have fillers. But after reading this book, I can't help but wish the author prepares a book for every book in the Bible

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”