Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Destiny Freedom »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan, Cyber War is the third book in the McBride series. A drone, the size of a bird, was seen hovering over the White House unnoticed. This begs the question, "Where did it come from?" Who held the reins? And what is the reason for such unexpected action? The drone situation causes traffic gridlock, leaving everyone befuddled and stranded for long periods of time.

Cynthia, the senator's chief of security, approaches a young man with questions about the White House scenario after arriving at the scene puzzled and wanting to know why there is so much commotion. However, the seemingly unconcerned young man grabs Cynthia Patterson by the hand with the intention of calming her down and guides her to a restaurant where he strikes up a conversation with her. This encounter results in an unforeseen event that changes Cynthia's life forever.

While juggling her duties as chief security and her love life, she collaborates with her brother, Glenn Patterson, to bring down terrorist organizations using a team of compu-Nerds, as addressed by the author. I couldn't put this book down till the very end because it was so suspenseful, and the author kept me guessing about what would happen next; it was a page turner. I adore how Dorothy May Mercer managed to balance Cynthia's love life, her career, and the cyber war against terrorists both outside and within the United States. Additionally, the author used humor in this piece, which is capable of making the reader smile as they read.

With the exception of a few loose ends that might be resolved in the sequel, E.M.P. Honeymoon, for which this book's conclusion served as a precursor, I thoroughly loved this novel. Additionally, the section where Cynthia was introduced to pregnancy prevention medicines felt like a commercial for these drugs. But I only later learned that the writer did this with the intention of teaching and informing the reader about these drugs. And not because she is a fervent abortion supporter.

The author did a fantastic job of keeping the reader interested in this fast-paced novel with plenty of suspense that keeps the reader relentlessly inquisitive, and it was exceptionally edited with only mild profanity usage. This book is deserving of a 4 out of 4 star rating. Although I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy romantic suspense novels, children shouldn't read it due to the R-rated content.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

This book is one of the books that gave me a great insight into leadership. I learn a lot from Cynthia and Dan. I will love to read this book again.
Israel Abegunde
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-israel-abegunde.html
Latest Review: It's None of Your Business by Jordan K. Michaels

Post by Israel Abegunde »

One thing I like about this book is that the author makes efficient use of suspense to make the reader glued to the narrative from the beginning to the end. Not many writers can achieve this in creative writing, but the author manages to cast a spell of curiosity on those who have come across the book. Good review!
Breedbee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-breedbee.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Breedbee »

Writing on how to merge love life and career is informative. This review is full. I will love to read this book.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I have read Cynthia and Dan and I enjoyed the plot of the story and the character development. The author did a good job by leaving no loose end in the story and more importantly ending the story on a good note. Wonderful review, welldone.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

I have read this book and Cynthia here still amazes me. I love her intuition, though. It’s such a great read.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

This book continues to bring the upon the debate of whether technological advancements are an advantage or a disadvantage
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

Your review is quite intriguing. Keep up the good work.
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Christabel Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-benson.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Christabel Benson »

Cynthia and Dan sound interesting, though I have not read it but how you explained it has motivated me to read them a nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”