Review of bashert

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Review of bashert

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

[Following is a volunteer review of "bashert" by Larry G. Goldsmith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bashert by Larry G. Goldsmith is a fiction book that talks about the life transition of Michael, Shira, and Shira's family. Michael meet Shira by accident, and from that day on developed love with each other. They got married in just a very short time of acquaintance, and soon formed a family. Life seems perfect for them until one day Shira's father, Rabbi Moshe Lefkovitz was being arrested with the crime of money laundering, bribing public officials, and embezzlement of funds. That day turned their life upside down. How do they cope up with the struggles their family facing? Will Shira's father in the state of jeopardy gain freedom in the end? Read this book to discover the answers.

At first, I was hesitant to pick up the book because of its strange title, and thought, what could this book impart me? And it turns out that the book never disappoint me, rather I was amazed by its content, and increased my interest as I go on reading. The book starts with a love story, and it pique my interest. It even caused me to read twice in every romantic phrases I encounter. It's just open up my imagination about romanticism. In the middle of the book, the subject changed into criminal cases which shifted my feelings. I like how the author maintains the reader's interest as the story continues. Even the book changes topic, it never lose the intrigue feelings,and stays the readers up. Besides, the book never fails to satisfy me.

Furthermore, the book was written in simple words which is very easy to understand. Some information of Jewish tradition is being discussed in this book which I found informative. This book also contains some religious contents but it is just minimal that can't bring annoyance to non-religious readers.

With regard to negative aspect, I don't find any of it. The book really gave me a satisfactorily-read until the end. The story is inspiring because with all the adversities they are facing, they never lose hope. It gave the readers the lessons how to love, to show kindness, to stay strong, and to fight the struggles in life. This book will move you, and made you realized that the truth wins and kindness prevails.

In addition, the editing was made by professional because I couldn't spot any grammatical or typographical errors. Hence, I would rate Bashert a perfect score of 4 out of 4 stars because I had a delightful reading journey, and also the learning I acquired from it.

I recommend this book to people who likes to read criminal cases combined with romanticism. Lovers of fiction would find this book appealing too. I would say a pleasurable book to read.

bashert
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Criminal cases and romance are two of my favorite topics. I think I might enjoy this book. Thank you, Hazel, for your detailed review.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 04:44 Criminal cases and romance are two of my favorite topics. I think I might enjoy this book. Thank you, Hazel, for your detailed review.
Oh my, Nisha! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my reviews! I'm shy. Haha. Someone will read it again with its poor quality.🙈🙈
Yes, I enjoyed this book. It has an interesting storyline.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”