Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Man Mission

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel tells the stories of four men: the protagonist, Daniel, Alec, and Sam. This book depicts how these four men go on extraordinary excursions around the world. The protagonist and the other males had known one another for a long time. They go through this trip for fifteen years. During this procedure, they travel to countries such as South Korea, New Zealand, and South Africa. They participate in sports such as hiking, biking, kayaking, and other amazing activities. With each excursion, they get older and face new problems in their lives, such as jobs, marriages, and so on. Will life's challenges separate them? Get a copy to find out.

Eytan spent fifteen years of his life with three friends and wrote a charming novel about their journey through the highs and lows of life, interspersed by yearly reading excursions to far-flung locales. For those readers who decide to travel with him via the pages of his book, the author really takes his time and explains himself in detail. The book describes how boys develop into men and the various struggles they face along the way. The difficulties they encountered on each adventure are also described by the author. I'm completely enthralled by the author's ability to instill understanding and insight in each and every reader of this book.

What I adore about this novel is the great friendship and unity that these four men shared. They truly care for one another. Rachel's husband experiences deep-seated fatigue and disappointment, even though he appears to have it all. Alec, who appears to be unencumbered, is envied by his pals who are married and wish they could once again be like him. The humor and teamwork in this novel were both enjoyable. Additionally, I appreciate how these men obtain approval from "the wives community," which gives women a feeling of community. When I read about the suffering, anxiety, and difficulties these men faced, I became really moved. I had a hard time putting the book down since I was so engrossed in every page.

There is nothing about this book that I dislike. It is both instructive and informative. Men cry, it is proved in this book, but because of the societal contexts that forbid them from expressing their emotions, they suffer in silence. I must congratulate the book's author and editor; they did an outstanding job. The book has been exceptionally edited, and not a single error was discovered.

I rate this excellent book four out of four stars since it opened up so many new ideas for me. Additionally, this book also helps me to grasp what it takes to be a man. The author writes with excellent elegance. I recommend this book to every married person and any young person who enjoys reading quality books.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

This is an interesting book. I found the adventures of the author and his friends interesting. The story is easy to follow. Thanks for a great review!
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

i have read this book, and I agree with you that the book tells how the four men show friendship and unity. It is a great gift they ensued.
Israel Abegunde
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-israel-abegunde.html
Latest Review: It's None of Your Business by Jordan K. Michaels

Post by Israel Abegunde »

I like travelogues. And, with your detailed review, this book seems inviting. I should get my hands on it soon. Thank you!
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I have read Man Mission and I had a nice time reading it. The author told the story of challenges men face that women don't Know of because they are not expected to show any sign of weakness. I was enlightened by this book and I am glad I read it. Wonderful review, welldone!!!
Chiamaka Ogadimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-ogadimma.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Chiamaka Ogadimma »

I love the theme of friendship portrayed. It brought back memories of my friends in secondary school. Wonderful review
Do more, talk less. Never get mad at another man's success.
Muna Chizzy
Currently Reading: Gardening With Guns
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muna-chizzy.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Muna Chizzy »

This is one of my favourites book I have come to love. The book reveals the real truth behind men's personalities-their weaknesses, vulnerabilities, strengths and facades they keep to hide who they really are and what they feel. The book is an eye-opener that gave me lots of insights into the world of men. Great review!
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

I did not find much interest in reading Man Mission, it had its moment but at a point, I could tell what was about to happen though your review is good.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Man’s mission should be put in a mental health starter pack for the sole purpose of going on a vacation with your friends or family and airing your life and obstacles. It’s an interesting book
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

Another book that emphasises friendship while showing how men overcame their challenges.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

Another book that emphasises friendship while showing how men overcame their challenges.
Riya Sarkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riya-sarkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Riya Sarkar »

My reading experience of this book doesn't match up to your review. I felt that the extreme lengths to which the protagonists went to bury their emotions, only encouraged toxic masculinity.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

This is a good book emphasising beauty of friendship. But this time, it is between men traveling round the world and living their lives.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

I really enjoyed reading this book from a male’s perspective. I was never able to understand the pressure men were under before reading this book. I also enjoyed the adventures the men went on. Beautiful review.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

This would be the perfect book for someone like me who enjoys adventure stories. I really like the bond between the four friends too. Nicely done summary.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”