Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Jerry Anozie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis, PA-C is an intriguing healthcare book. The author is a primary care provider and also a cancer patient. This will prove the authenticity and reality of this book, as she wrote it out of her experiences. This book is majorly based on clearing up those misconceptions about health care that have killed a lot of people. Information, they say, is power. The author seeks to provide us with this information to better our health.  

The author is a fascinating writer. She started writing this book as a healthcare provider and ended the last chapter as a cancer patient, demonstrating how unpredictable life could be. So I would say this was a point in her career where she had to be strong because, basically, the author provides care to patients. She narrated her experiences during her years as a healthcare provider. She covered different pressing aspects of the medical profession and how to tackle this problem. As a source of information, this book could be very useful both to the aged and patients. The author talked about primary care providers, and I was excited to learn about them because I learned a whole lot from them. Grab a copy to read more. 

I was so excited to have come across this book. I learned a whole lot of new things about the medical profession and also emergency plans. Sometimes our ignorance costs us a lot, and it could be worse when it relates to our health. I loved the author's tone and her passion for writing this book. This passion she has for her profession drives her to be the best and also to see to the utmost needs of her patients. It was heartbreaking that she later became a patient. I like the fact that the book was written out of honesty and did not cover anything. I also loved the photography in the book. Her writing style was top-notch, and she is well commended for it. Everyone should be a campaigner for better health. 

This book contains a wealth of expensive information. However, my only dislike was some of the medical terms I came across for which the meaning was not given. Aside from this, the book was well-detailed and interesting, and I did not notice any errors while reading.

In conclusion, I will give this book 4 out of 4 stars, as what was previously stated was insufficient to deduct any stars. I would recommend this book to lovers of non-fictional and medical books.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

Many people do not pay attention to their health. This book would really be needed to understand health policies and procedures. Great review.
Comfort44
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-comfort44.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Comfort44 »

Nice review. The book is certainly a good read. Well done.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It came as a shock to me whenI learned, some time ago, that medicine was not just about helping the public, but mostly about making money. Being able to understand the insurance system was extremely difficult, but extremely important.
De law
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-de-law.html
Latest Review: A Long Ago place by Donna Betten

Post by De law »

The health care system today is a mess. I wonder how people who pledged to take care of it are so careless about what goes on. This book is really an insight on how to take care of your health financially.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

"Health is wealth" this is a popular saying. Which implies that good health is a part of wealth. This book seeks to provide the part of wealth that deals with health.
Shane Carter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shane-carter.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Shane Carter »

I enjoyed reading this review. The summary was interesting and the positive aspects were properly outlined. I can't wait to start reading this book.
Mark Ntuli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-ntuli.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mark Ntuli »

I found the case studies and real-life examples included in the book to be incredibly insightful, providing practical strategies for overcoming common healthcare obstacles.
Raphael Raymondd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raphael-raymondd.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Raphael Raymondd »

The book not only focuses on the challenges but also offers practical strategies and solutions to overcome them, empowering healthcare leaders to make informed decisions and drive positive change.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”