Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Master Your Mind and Energy to Heal Your Body by Brandy Gillmore

Review of Surviving the Business of Healthcare

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The author comes from a generation of healthcare providers that motivated her to pursue a career in the same. She talks about her experiences both as a patient and a medical provider. Barbara notes that people need to be conscious and attentive in hospitals as to what is happening and to ask questions when in doubt because many people die each year as a result of medication errors. Barbara contrasts current medical procedures with those that were in use when she was a child, and her father was an active member of the medical profession. She observes that times have changed and that healthcare is increasingly like a business, with institutions and individuals making money off patients' pockets. The book's purpose is to inform, enlighten, and empower readers about healthcare-related issues. She shares information on her medical care, including the fact that she just received a cancer diagnosis. She stresses the significance of having health insurance, which she found to be beneficial since the catastrophic insurance plans assisted in covering the majority of the costs in her case.

One of the aspects I enjoyed about the book is that it presents a different subject in each chapter that would be helpful to anyone with a loved one in the hospital. There is no repetition in the book, and everything's explained in a straightforward manner that is simple to grasp. The advice given in the book is quite beneficial, and the author offers her own experiences in the healthcare industry.

There is no negative aspect I found with the book as the book was educational.

I rate Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed and learned a lot from the book. The author uses simple language that any reader can comprehend, even when she's discussing medical conditions and the health sector. Considering I didn't find any grammatical mistakes, I believe the book to be well written and exceptionally edited.

I recommend this book to readers interested in learning more about the dynamics of the healthcare industry. People who want to work in the medical field should read this book because the author discusses the various practitioners, the advantages and disadvantages of these professions, and the responsibilities of each healthcare practitioner. The author offers advice on how a patient can acquire access to less expensive prescriptions that serve the same purpose as the pricey ones.

Surviving the Business of Healthcare
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Harry Benjamin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Harry Benjamin »

Nice review. I agree with you that the book has no negative aspect.
Victor Nnamdi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor23nnamdi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Victor Nnamdi_ »

This is a comprehensive review. I enjoyed your summary of the book. Great review!!!
Kelvin Modilim
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

The author's in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry is evident throughout the book, as they navigate complex topics with clarity and expertise.
Raphael Raymondd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raphael-raymondd.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Raphael Raymondd »

The author's engaging writing style keeps the reader engrossed, making it an enjoyable read despite the complexity of the subject matter.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”